Is my elegance coral doing okay?

squidsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1611021109773.png

I have had my elegance coral for nearly a month already, but the tentacles are nearly nonexistant.
When I got it, the LFS had it for about a month, and the tentacles were very small, but not as small as they are now. It is accepting feeding, but my wife seems to think its not as bright in color as it was when I got it.

Its in an area of pretty low flow on the sandbed.

OP
OP
squidsreef

squidsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a picture to someone and they told me it was the weirdest looking elegance coral they've ever seen, and I'm confused as to why it never opens up its tentacles.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible cause of small tentacles. Good luck

• Elegance Coral Syndrome (ECS)
    Currently virtually all that are collected from the wild and sold in the aquarium trade have contract the ECS disease and they are doomed. There is no known cause or cure and the ECS condition is contagious, but it does appear to be specific only to Catalaphyllia. Borneman says that the "disease causes the colony's oral disk to swell, with a fringe of unexpanded tentacles."
    Quarantine all new specimens for at least a month. The signs of disease contagion ranges from a few days to a few weeks. Then it takes several weeks or months to kill a colony.

Levi Nicolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1611021109773.png

I have had my elegance coral for nearly a month already, but the tentacles are nearly nonexistant.
When I got it, the LFS had it for about a month, and the tentacles were very small, but not as small as they are now. It is accepting feeding, but my wife seems to think its not as bright in color as it was when I got it.

Its in an area of pretty low flow on the sandbed.
como está a sua elegancia hoje em dia?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 16.7%
Back