Is my Ricordia splitting?

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
7,234
Reaction score
26,151
Location
Sumter, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my rainbow Ricordia. It has grown to what I can tell to be 3 heads (I can see 3 mouths when it's spread out. It looks to me like it's splitting off a head, but I'm fairly new to reefing and I'm not sure. Can anyone offer an opinion? Thanks
IMG_1477964892.344911.jpg
 
The riccordia don't generally split...they usually drop off babies....however, I have heard they can, you can also frag them so I know you can split them easily enough....it is not unusual to have a riccordia with multiple mouths either. I cannot really see from the photo what the tissues looks like. Can you get a photo with white light?
 
The riccordia don't generally split...they usually drop off babies....however, I have heard they can, you can also frag them so I know you can split them easily enough....it is not unusual to have a riccordia with multiple mouths either. I cannot really see from the photo what the tissues looks like. Can you get a photo with white light?

Lights just went out for the night. I will snap a shot under whites when I get home from work tomorrow. Thanks for the reply to my question
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new