Is my Sabae dying?

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sabae has been with me two years. When fully expanded it was almost one foot across. It had recently gone through some weird changes like it's almost inverting itself through its mouth like it's throwing up it's insides. I run a ULN system (nitrates 2ppm and phosphates .02ppm). I recently changed from T5's to AI Hydras. The par values have been maintained with the new lighting (it's getting about 350 peak par). Here's some pics. Any info would be of great help! Also, he has a host maroon clown.

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

MarinaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not look good. Have you fed it recently?
Try shielding it from light.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Haddonis do this on a light change. IIRC it was the change in PUR, not PAR, that was the issue. Not sure whether I added screens to diffuse the light or dialed intensity down but the nem went back to normal within a couple of weeks. Slowly removed screens or increased intensity, again can't remember which method I used in this instance.

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what to do other than try to keep stable, clean water. You may want to do some water change, it your tank needed it, otherwise try not to stress him by keeping him under excessive light. Don't feed him until he is healthy.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that it could have tried to eat something too big for it? My sebae looked similar after it ate a large fish. Just an idea to consider.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back