Is my skimmer actually working?

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my eshopps nano skimmer in the left rear corner of my fluval evo 13.5g, and in the past it has been collecting gunk but I haven’t had to clean it out for a while now. I’m wondering if it is actually picking anything up now that I have a wavemaker flowing towards the opposite end of the tank. Would my skimmer still theoretically be doing it’s job with that considered? Here’s pics of my setup.
IMG_8440.jpeg
IMG_8441.jpeg
 
If anyone has suggestions on if I should place my wavemaker somewhere else while also having it flow across the whole tank, please let me know.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new