Is my tank overstocked?

thatindonesianreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2024
Messages
286
Reaction score
237
Location
Jakarta
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
The tank is a 12 gallon cube with some live rock and a lot of corals.(ok that is a bit to exaggerated but you get the point).

IMG_5075.jpeg
 
Sorry i forgot to mention the amount of fish
2 clownfish (age 1.3 years)
1 pajama cardinal( around 1 year)
 
Hi
The tank is a 12 gallon cube with some live rock and a lot of corals.(ok that is a bit to exaggerated but you get the point).

IMG_5075.jpeg
Looks well balanced and if anything you can add a couple more small fish but the clowns may make it difficult as they are territorial and unwelcoming at times
 
The tank looks to be a bit crowded, but, that doesn't mean the tank is "overstocked". If everything is doing well, it means the tank is supporting everything.
 
Sorry i forhot to mention the fish i have
2 ocelaris clowns
1 pajama cardinal
 
What are your parameters doing. If your having any issues controlling N and P, then more fish will make that all the more difficult
I have pretter low butrients at around 2 nitrate and 0.03 phos
 
I
Coral wise: If you can still see rocks, sand or the back glass - then it isn’t fully stocked yet.

Fish wise: maybe another one or 2 small fish will be fine
I’ve been thinking of adding a six line wrasse
Would that be fine?
 
I have pretter low butrients at around 2 nitrate and 0.03 phos
if you add a couple of more fish, added food will increase the po4 and no3 slightly. Stalling water changes a week will also raise those levels
 
I

I’ve been thinking of adding a six line wrasse
Would that be fine?
I would recommend against it as they grow pretty large, and are quite aggressive.

Instead, I suggest looking for a Blenny or Gobby, which don’t need much swimming space, nor will they bother your clowns.
 
The tank looks to be a bit crowded, but, that doesn't mean the tank is "overstocked". If everything is doing well, it means the tank is supporting everything.
well put:
I think of it in 2 parts:
1) can my system “biologically” and or chemically take care of the inhabitants
2) what are the physical/ spatial constraints

I think what some are alluding to is the clowns might fit but could get territorial ….
I think you are ok
edit add: the last post makes a valid point^^^^ clowns can get larger than you think
 
I would recommend against it as they grow pretty large, and are quite aggressive.

Instead, I suggest looking for a Blenny or Gobby, which don’t need much swimming space, nor will they bother your clowns.
Do you have any recomendations for pest control in a tank this small?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new