Is my urchin spawning?

Reefing_Engineer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I was looking at my tank (20L) and noticed my urchin had small opaque balls on it! Normally it’s tentacles are long and maybe there just bounces up right now? Please let me know what you think, because I’ve only seen pictures in here of males releasing sperm into the water! Thanks in advance!

66C35357-0C98-4624-8A41-61606070F40B.jpeg
 
Urchins spawning will look something like these. It looks like your urchin just has it's feet pulled in for some reason.




Okay thanks for those! I had only seen videos of sperm released and wasn’t sure what eggs might look like! I’ll make sure none of my fish are picking at the feet or anything, so thanks for that heads up too!
 
I didn’t but saw it climbing toward the top when this happened so was curious! Looks like it’s a no though!
The eggs (from what ive seen - are on long threads - and are smaller than the one on your particular urchin. Then there is usually a cloud of sperm - which you could have missed. What I'm not sure of is whether EVERY urchin spawns in the same way - Its also possible to induce them to spawn.
 
The eggs (from what ive seen - are on long threads - and are smaller than the one on your particular urchin. Then there is usually a cloud of sperm - which you could have missed. What I'm not sure of is whether EVERY urchin spawns in the same way - Its also possible to induce them to spawn.
Dude i just had my urchin release stuff it turned my entire tank white.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new