Is purigen regeneration tricky?

Muffin87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
471
Reaction score
282
Location
Italy / UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used purigen, because I'm afraid the regeneration process might easily go wrong.

Do you need to be super careful with the residual chlorine from the bleach?
Or you're always gonna be fine as long as you add the correct amount of dechlorinator and then rinse?
Are there any "horror stories" out there, ahem, I meant anecdotal evidence that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
 
When I used it in the past I just made sure I had 2 bags. 1 in the tank and the other waiting. I would add bleach. Wait 24 hrs. Drain and fill and added a cap of prime or less than a teaspoon of safe. Wait 24hrs. Drain and leave it air dry till it was time to switch bags. I did add the newly regenerated bag still moist a couple of times as I had forgotten to go thru the regeneration process. maybe 48hrs or so. Only rinsed 1 time when I first got it. Never rinsed it again after that.
 
I do not think ones needs to do more than careful rinsing to get rid of residual bleach, followed by dechloriantor (which may not even be necessary), but I am not certain how effect the whole regeneration process is .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new