Is that leveling fine?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leveling the infinia 190.5 and after like legit 5 hoirs of trying to level the tank as my basement has super unleveled fooring we were able to get somewhere. Just want to make surr this kind of leveling is fine? Its the infinia 190.5 by waterbox and we couldnt get it more level than that its basement flooring so concrete. If u notice its not 100% dead center but we tried sooo hard.

IMG_0990.jpeg IMG_0982.jpeg IMG_0981.jpeg IMG_0988.jpeg

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a waterbox, not a red sea tank so I think you'll be ok. I'd still try and shim it just a tad more. You have a lot of length there and the water will be leaning to some degree. Can you pick up a few wooder cedar shingles? They work perfectly for shimming and are strong as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a mat under it

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a mat under it
Don't all WB tanks have a leveling mat? I haven recieved my WB yet and am assuming it not so much a leveling mat but rather a mat that can absorb something small like a piece of substrate that one missed before placing the tank down as to not crack the tank?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine granted the top of the stand is flat! That is key!!! Being a touch out of level won’t hurt anything but your water line.. a leveling mat would most likely cure that once filled..

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others said, I think you’re safe to fill it as is. With that being said, I have a 50 gallon that leans slightly to one side similar to yours, and it bothers me when I see it.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine granted the top of the stand is flat! That is key!!! Being a touch out of level won’t hurt anything but your water line.. a leveling mat would most likely cure that once filled..
My basement floor is super unleveled to a level where the bolt provided for the leveling from waterbox couldnt reach. We had to go to homedepot and buy longer bolts to do it. All the other corners are dead center just the left side. I cant mess with it more. Unless i change the whole location for the tank which is unlikely. As you can see in the first 2 its super leveled at the back the front where its like not even a tad not centered. If its fine for the integrity of the tank im happy with it because the naked eye wont see it. But if it causes any harm then ill see my
Options.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 44

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using a leveling mat to make up for the difference, I think you're good to go.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using a leveling mat to make up for the difference, I think you're good to go.

The leveling mats are quite thin from my experience - should OP potentially add something extra? ie yoga mats?

I would be asking WB first, as I would not want to mess with the warranty.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The leveling mats are quite thin from my experience - should OP potentially add something extra? ie yoga mats?

Waterbox showed them the leveling and said its perfecr. I am not sure anymore lol

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would trust WB - they have a lot on the line if their tanks fail and they said it's perfect. I know it's spooky for your, levelling is the most annoying part of a new tank.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would trust WB - they have a lot on the line if their tanks fail and they said it's perfect. I know it's spooky for your, levelling is the most annoying part of a new tank.
I mean every center of that tank is dead centered and im not honesty not sure anymore the bubble is between the center and not on the side or out of line.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to really see how far off it is, you can always use a clear tube and water and check end to end. I'm not entirely sure how one spends 5 hrs leveling something wavy concrete floor or not ...

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to really see how far off it is, you can always use a clear tube and water and check end to end. I'm not entirely sure how one spends 5 hrs leveling something wavy concrete floor or not ...
The bolts that we got with the tank couldnt reach the floor my basement floors are bad dude. And my friend we are not “leveling experts” so it took us a min

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When leveling you tank people need to stop the good-enough mentality and use the level as intended.

Get that bubble in the middle.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Remember, the bubble is between the two level lines, just not centered. We aren't talking about a tremendous amount of correction, so the leveling mat should be adequate.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bolts that we got with the tank couldnt reach the floor my basement floors are bad dude. And my friend we are not “leveling experts” so it took us a min
Yeah, I get it. I've never actually liked leveling bolts.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember, the bubble is between the two level lines, just not centered. We aren't talking about a tremendous amount of correction, so the leveling mat should be adequate.
The leveling matt should do the trick 100%

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back