Is that normal for pulsing xenia

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple corals today and they gave me free xenia at the same time. The temperature did not fluctuate much, the trip took half an hour. But along 6 hours she started to lose a few feathers (maybe skin on feathers), and then the skin started to peel off. I assume this is normal and there was a kind of molting from the sudden change of environment?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple corals today and they gave me free xenia at the same time. The temperature did not fluctuate much, the trip took half an hour. But along 6 hours she started to lose a few feathers (maybe skin on feathers), and then the skin started to peel off. I assume this is normal and there was a kind of molting from the sudden change of environment?
Its losing some of the “feathers”? Thats not good

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its losing some of the “feathers”? Thats not good
I think it was outer layer of skin too. I also admit it was in lugole dip abit long and got burnt¿? when i was manipulating with other corals

Attachments

• IMG_20240123_042716.jpg
    IMG_20240123_042716.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 29

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me a week ago after receiving some I ordered. It looked like it was a goner but it is growing back. it was kind of like skin sluffing off. I took a baster and very gently blew it away thinking it might irritate it more leaving the “dead” stuff on there. I kept it in a lower flow lower light area for a few days. I’m a total newbie so I might have done it all wrong. It’s coming back though thank goodness.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me a week ago after receiving some I ordered. It looked like it was a goner but it is growing back. it was kind of like skin sluffing off. I took a baster and very gently blew it away thinking it might irritate it more leaving the “dead” stuff on there. I kept it in a lower flow lower light area for a few days. I’m a total newbie so I might have done it all wrong. It’s coming back though thank goodness.
I'm not super experienced in corals, but i think you've done right. Hope mine will aclimatize to

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry they are bomb proof. I've got some tried a few times to kill without success. Keep them isolated because they will take over tank fast .

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back