Is that normal for pulsing xenia

itelshot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2023
Messages
264
Reaction score
44
Location
Ukraine, Kyiv
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple corals today and they gave me free xenia at the same time. The temperature did not fluctuate much, the trip took half an hour. But along 6 hours she started to lose a few feathers (maybe skin on feathers), and then the skin started to peel off. I assume this is normal and there was a kind of molting from the sudden change of environment?
 
I bought a couple corals today and they gave me free xenia at the same time. The temperature did not fluctuate much, the trip took half an hour. But along 6 hours she started to lose a few feathers (maybe skin on feathers), and then the skin started to peel off. I assume this is normal and there was a kind of molting from the sudden change of environment?
Its losing some of the “feathers”? Thats not good
 
Its losing some of the “feathers”? Thats not good
I think it was outer layer of skin too. I also admit it was in lugole dip abit long and got burnt¿? when i was manipulating with other corals
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240123_042716.jpg
    IMG_20240123_042716.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 79
This happened to me a week ago after receiving some I ordered. It looked like it was a goner but it is growing back. it was kind of like skin sluffing off. I took a baster and very gently blew it away thinking it might irritate it more leaving the “dead” stuff on there. I kept it in a lower flow lower light area for a few days. I’m a total newbie so I might have done it all wrong. It’s coming back though thank goodness.
 
This happened to me a week ago after receiving some I ordered. It looked like it was a goner but it is growing back. it was kind of like skin sluffing off. I took a baster and very gently blew it away thinking it might irritate it more leaving the “dead” stuff on there. I kept it in a lower flow lower light area for a few days. I’m a total newbie so I might have done it all wrong. It’s coming back though thank goodness.
I'm not super experienced in corals, but i think you've done right. Hope mine will aclimatize to
 
Don't worry they are bomb proof. I've got some tried a few times to kill without success. Keep them isolated because they will take over tank fast .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new