Is there a "how to care for"

  • Thread starter Thread starter enzo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

enzo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
336
Reaction score
172
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a how to take care of Zoanthids. The reason why I ask, I have them scattered in my 30gallon tank. On sand on glass low to high flow low to high light. I just don't know where to put them some open some open sometimes. I appreciate your help, thanks. Ohh or can point me in the right direction, thanks.
 
Firstly, what are you using for flow? In my last reef (which was a 30 gallon) I had a ton of Zoas scattered around the tank, I'd say try to aim for low to medium flow depending on the powerhead your using.
 
Start off by keeping Lighting, flow and Parameters the same and stable. no sudden changes, no large water changes (over 10%).

Zoas have an adaption process when conditions change, this costs them valuable energy, if things change regularly they will be weak and suffer.

Keeping things simple helps a lot as this will help to minimise any drastic change in their living environment.

Watch your tank, take photo's. People can suggest all sorts to you about what's the best for your zoas but at the end of the day only you will know if something works or not by trial and error.
 
I'm using a mp10 and have it set on 50% flow. I'm not sure if the setting is called lagoon or tidel surge but it will go from a low to high to, low and everything in between. For lighting I have 6 bulb t5 ATI's set at 18 " high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new