Is there any saving this guy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SteveO83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
How is your other corals doing?

I would do one or two more tests to reassure that the nitrate level is 0 each time. Then I would add up some nitrate since you don't want 0 in the long run. How severe was your dino outbreak?
Other corals seem to be doing ok.
 
Good that you're double checking. For saving this coral, I would have chopped of the living parts and re-glue them to the rockwork and throw away the dead skeleton, or crush it down to sand.
 
Good that you're double checking. For saving this coral, I would have chopped of the living parts and re-glue them to the rockwork and throw away the dead skeleton, or crush it down to sand.
i tried and it did not make it as well. my other acro did the same yesterday. so I have lost both acros.
 
Sorry to hear that. Acros are usually the first ones to take the hits of imbalances and disruptions of water parameters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new