Is this a BTA?

warpdrvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this new last week at a local coral show. Wondering what it is. Some of the ones the guy had were more orangish/greenish and this one looked close to them. I had in in a QT tank for a few days but since I’ve moved him to the DT he seems much happier. Tentacles waving around and such. Clowns haven’t given him the time of day yet but I’m sure they will eventually... Please help me to ID. WI’ll try to get a better pic later under more blue lights. In this pic the emerald looking for scraps around him and he started retracting a little
3AF02226-C66E-49F0-A174-3384DADF2D24.jpeg

Autonomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an hour later this is what I found when I came into room with tank
29EC7E68-49E6-4362-AA2A-A6B9F78B4B05.jpeg

What does this mean when he’s retracted like this just an hour or so after last pic?
I'm going to say: "it's being normal", trust me when I say that they can be unpredictable at times, and definitely do have a mind of their own!!! One of my BTA does this randomly on occasions and I don't have a scientific explanation on why or know what it means, however, within an hour or so, it is usually back to its normal self - no harm done.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back