Is this a good or cheap RO/DI system?

ScubaSteve4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a novice with this hobby but have heard the importance of good water quality. So I decided to get a RO/DI system. I am on a tight budget and found this system on amazon :

Aquarium Reef Reverse Osmosis water filter 6 stage RO/DI SYSTEM 75 GPD USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5CHOFR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9Ug3yb4SSKH51

Does anybody have any knowledge on this and do you recommend it for me? Also, GPD is of little importance to me.

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For just a little bit more you could get the value rodi from BRS and you wouldn't have to question the quality

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap, but not good. look into a 4 or 5 stage spectrapure. more stages isn't always better.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with the unit you posted the are the dual inline DI cylinders. As water flows through the DI resin it will start to form channels, thus uneven flow through the media. Look for a unit with the traditional vertical canister for the DI resin as it allows for more efficient flow through the media leading to less resin waste.

At the end of the day, all of these units have the ability to produce 0 TDS water. The question is, how effiently and how cost effectively do you want to get there...

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can wait, BRS has crazy good sales after thanksgiving. I picked up a value plus system last year for about the same cost as the one you linked.

Dave1045

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an AquaFX Barracuda with the Piggyback Membrane unit on it. I can fill a 55 gallon barrel in roughly 4 hours and 30 minutes. I love it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back