Is this Acan frag dead?

chiroboy126

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
37
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received this acan frag and it doesn’t look too good. It’s likely stressed from shipping but I just don’t know if I should be concerned or not. This is how it looked right out of the frag container.

IMG_5748.jpeg
 
I dipped them and put them in. Hopefully it plumps up soon!
 
Just received this acan frag and it doesn’t look too good. It’s likely stressed from shipping but I just don’t know if I should be concerned or not. This is how it looked right out of the frag container.

IMG_5748.jpeg
that's skeleton showing, but it looks green like it's been receded long enough for algae to start growing, I think you received it in bad shape and it was shipped in bad shape.

it could come back in the right conditions but your definitely at a disadvantage for acclimating a new coral.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new