Is this Acropora as unusual as it seems to me?

OP
OP
MitchReef

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them, they run from this maroon stuff. I need to get an orange tuxedo urchin, I'm just always broke....go figger.....

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Try a Dolabella sea hare for demon red turf. I've had some stuff that came on Fiji cultured rock for 4 years now that nothing would eat. Turbos, urchins, etc... It would grow like gangbusters along with acros when no other algae was growing in the tank. Less than a month ago I tried a big sea hare and it plowed through 100g of it in a few weeks. Now I've moved it into another bigger system and I'll just rotate it back and forth.

This was the red turf that grows in big bushy relatively coarse clumps that break apart and crumble easily, not the super fine stuff or the stuff that really latches itself to the rock.

HTH,
Tim

OP
OP
MitchReef

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is the stuff you have to scrape off plugs and frag tiles. I carefully scrape any frag plug that is leaving my system. I hate the thought of giving it to somebody's tank....this stuff is kinda like Reef Herpes, Huh????

OP
OP
MitchReef

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, I want to get this back on track. My friend has his colony of this coral under Radiums and this picture was taken with a phone so the white balance is way off. It's really an orange piece in the real Daylight world.....even with 14K and actinic supplements....

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooops..... Forgot the picture!
subulata.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back