Is this an anemone or what?

Cnypitbulls

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think I have an anemone in my tank but I don't know wat is is if its good or bad can anyone help me please.... I had recently bought a coco worm from my local lfs, there was something weird looking in the outer side of the tube but I thought it was part of the shell. A few days later I was just looking at my tank and I notice tentacles protruding from it. It's like a bright orange little tube with white tentacles flowing from it. Can anyone help me?
 
thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif
. lol but it sounds like aiptasia.
 
Kinda looks like the base of a sun coral polyp.
 
Sun coral.

You got lucky :)

These DO NOT use light to survive. They NEED to be fed. Give it some mysis every day or so to keep it alive. They will grow into a colony.
 
Try looking up corynactis anemone or strawberry anemone. Now that I see the tenticles that would be my guess.
 
Here's a video of one I used to have.

[video=youtube;vgpw7GjIrPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgpw7GjIrPY&list=UU8K3chr_gB3F4eLteS5WDbA& index=12&feature=plcp[/video]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new