Is this Brook?

Dhurd55

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Nmb
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this clown for about 2 weeks. Has had weird bruising around the head appearing about a week after adding him. As of recently im seeing some white coloration on the body. Seems to eat well and swim actively all throughout the day. It is a new tank with only one other clown who was just recently added.

Tank is cycled.
Temp 80°f
Ph 7.6

20260307_131202.jpg 20260307_131125.jpg
 
Ive had this clown for about 2 weeks. Has had weird bruising around the head appearing about a week after adding him. As of recently im seeing some white coloration on the body. Seems to eat well and swim actively all throughout the day. It is a new tank with only one other clown who was just recently added.

Tank is cycled.
Temp 80°f
Ph 7.6

20260307_131202.jpg 20260307_131125.jpg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a clear video? Hosting on YouTube works well if you can't upload directly here. It does look like Brooklynella, but a video can help me diagnose that better (fish with Brook swim in a stilted fashion).

Treating for Brook can be difficult. Formalin works well, but it is toxic and shouldn't be housed in a home situation. The next best treatment is probably Ruby Reef Rally Pro. Another option might be metronidazole.

The bruising may be an unrelated issue. Here is a post I made about that:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/clownfish-bruising-lesion.936964/
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a clear video? Hosting on YouTube works well if you can't upload directly here. It does look like Brooklynella, but a video can help me diagnose that better (fish with Brook swim in a stilted fashion).

Treating for Brook can be difficult. Formalin works well, but it is toxic and shouldn't be housed in a home situation. The next best treatment is probably Ruby Reef Rally Pro. Another option might be metronidazole.

The bruising may be an unrelated issue. Here is a post I made about that:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/clownfish-bruising-lesion.936964/
Thank you for the reply, yes I will try and take a video when I get home. What really upsets me is that I just added a beautiful clown right before seeing that the one in question is looking odd. Im wondering if I do happen to have a sick fish, is it pretty much garanteed that the healthy one will get sick as well?
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply, yes I will try and take a video when I get home. What really upsets me is that I just added a beautiful clown right before seeing that the one in question is looking odd. Im wondering if I do happen to have a sick fish, is it pretty much garanteed that the healthy one will get sick as well?

Brooklynella is pretty contagious between clownfish, but they don’t always get sick at the same rate, or to the same degree. More established clowns are more resistant to it.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new