Is this brown jelly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefndude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
563
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home from work and noticed this on my duncan. Is this brown jelly? If you look to the right of picture there's another closed head with some tissue loss

 
Does not look like it to me. BJD looks like jelly almost tranparent.
Take a turkey baster and see if you can blow it off.
Also move the frag closer to the glass and get a macro shot if you can, I am not see any tissue loss either.
 
there was some tissue loss. Two heads were completely sunkin in. 4 heads total with tissue loss.
 
Is there white skeleton showing because you can not see in the image?
If it is BJD your going to have to dip the coral and remove what ever mass material is covering good tissue.
You may have to frag the piece, BJD kills quickly (if that is what it is).
 
Last edited:
Yes there was. On the back side of duncan. I noticed a couple heads closed up 2 days ago. Didn't think much of it, because it has always done that. Saw the brown and that caught my attention. 2 heads on the back side looked like gonners, so I went ahead and fragged it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new