Is this candy cane melting? Too high flow?

Jake_the_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So my candy cane coral has been growing beautifully but today it's looking weird almost like its melting. I did up my flow last week with a better powerhead so I am wondering if it's a flow issue. Other than this weird look the coral seems perfectly fine!

20191016_190331.jpg

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
My CC colony was about 10' across in my old 65 gal. Textbook beautiful. when I moved to my 90 it 'self fragged' and I took the bulk of the pieces to the LFS for major credit but kept a chunk for myself to regenerate in my new set up, but its just always been rather pathetic looking. Moved to several locations and different flows but its always just, Meh. I will be curious to see some responses and suggestions myself

OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does look like hes trying to inflate and the flow is bending him over...reduce flow or find a new spot.
Yeah he is puffy when I pick him up. It's just weird that the flow has been like this for a week or so and just today its looking like this. I'll move it! :)

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
I keep mine is very low flow.. Like almost no flow. Particles move in the water but barely.. Mine grows really well like this. I treat my candycane like bubble corals.. They are too fleshy to get alot of flow.

Same with hammer, torchs, frogspawn i noticed they extend and look better in very low flow

Screenshot_20191018-033440_Gallery.jpg

What's better food for you fish. A High Quality Frozen or High Quality Dry Food?

• High Quality Frozen

Votes: 128 76.6%
  • High Quality Dry

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

Votes: 13 7.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
https://amongthereef.com/