Is this GHA?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get an urchin or 2... they'll clean that up quick.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think a CUC will take care of the frags. What I would do is first thing in the morning if there is algae on the plugs I would pull the plugs out clean the algae off and just put a little hydrogen peroxide on the plug but not the coral. I did this in the past but forgot how it went. If you do this then they will get a full day of light.
I'll do some research on that. I was contemplating an H2O2 dip.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be better to use a pipette and just apply the H2O2 to the plugs so you can avoid touching the corals.
I hadn't thought about that. So just hold them out of water and drop the H2O2 on the plug? How long do I let it sit on their? Can I keep the frag out of water to do this?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn't thought about that. So just hold them out of water and drop the H2O2 on the plug? How long do I let it sit on their? Can I keep the frag out of water to do this?
Yes take frag out of water, get a cup of tank water. Put the H2O2 on the plug, I am unsure the amount of time maybe 30 seconds and rinse off in cup of tank water. This may or may not work, I really forget. That is just one of the many methods I guess.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, been out all day enjoying this 116 degree weather. Will post pictures when I find them. I have two types, this one is my favorite. It prevents detritus from falling off or out of filter. They have a smaller one but this one you can see inside the canister. You do not need to leave this in the tank, take it out when you are finished.

MarineLand Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter, For aquariums Up To 97 Gallons, 10.5 IN (ML90770-00)​

This is the cartridge you will use for this canister,

Marineland Micron Cartridge, Fits Magnum Canister Filters​

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 21-31-17 Marineland Magnum Micron Cartridge Water Polishing Filter Pe...png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back