Is this ich?

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just unsure if this is ich or not so I can treat the poor fella.

IMG_1186.jpeg

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell, if you could get pictures under white light that would help!

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh much better, but they almost look like nodes or something. Instead of the cyst like formations of ich...

Lets see if some of the #fishmedic will weigh in.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh much better, but they almost look like nodes or something. Instead of the cyst like formations of ich...

Lets see if some of the @Reefmedics will weigh in.
Yeah I’m just concerned because no one else has em
It could be ich but I’m not so sure. Did you qt? When was the most recent addition?
most recent addition was a desjardini tang about two months ago. I did not QT and also he is the only one with these weird spot things, if that is of any help!

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they doing any strange behavior? Flashing, excessive yawning, head shakes, supressed appitite?, etc.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they doing any strange behavior? Flashing, excessive yawning, head shakes, supressed appitite?, etc.
Not really no, he just eats and then swims around and sits on the welsophylia like a couch. I was worried it was velvet but I didn’t see any lethargic behavior, which is why I’m pretty confused.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet looks almost like they got slapped with ich but on every square surface of em. And normally they are always swimming into a powerhead. So i dont believe it to be velvet

How long has this little guy had these lumps?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those bigger spots might be flukes. If any symptoms show up up, I would treat the tank with Prazi, twice, about a week apart.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet looks almost like they got slapped with ich but on every square surface of em. And normally they are always swimming into a powerhead. So i dont believe it to be velvet

How long has this little guy had these lumps?
maybe two or three days I believe

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like how this species shows ich to me. The fish also seems thin, malabsorption issues are common with this species due to the way they are collected with cyanide. How long have you had the fish?
Jay

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like how this species shows ich to me. The fish also seems thin, malabsorption issues are common with this species due to the way they are collected with cyanide. How long have you had the fish?
Jay
Ive had him for about 2 months, he eats but I've been trying to feed him less but more frequently due to him eating and getting full quickly compared to the other fish. He'll bite the turkey baster and try to get food but then take 1 or 2 pieces and then just sit there and watch everyone eat. I just started doing the more frequent feeding yesterday.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
I have a pretty big oversized UV sterilizer, do you think it would be helpful to put this up while I cycle my QT? Its called an Aquanetics 15SPT and it is hang on so easy to set up quickly. Would you happen to know the right flow rate in order to ensure that the waterborne ich is sterilized? Or would you need more info like how far the water is travelling vertically up to the sterilizer (hang on back)?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty big oversized UV sterilizer, do you think it would be helpful to put this up while I cycle my QT? Its called an Aquanetics 15SPT and it is hang on so easy to set up quickly. Would you happen to know the right flow rate in order to ensure that the waterborne ich is sterilized? Or would you need more info like how far the water is travelling vertically up to the sterilizer (hang on back)?
A UV won’t hurt, but it won’t cure the infection. It might slow it down somewhat since it is an oversized unit.
Jay

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A UV won’t hurt, but it won’t cure the infection. It might slow it down somewhat since it is an oversized unit.
Jay
Yeah I think I have to just manage the ich until I can do the quarantine process without stressing the fish out too much, and wait for my QT to cycle. is there anything else I can do? My parameters are stable and good so I was wondering maybe feeding them something else or reducing stress in other ways besides parameters.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think I have to just manage the ich until I can do the quarantine process without stressing the fish out too much, and wait for my QT to cycle. is there anything else I can do? My parameters are stable and good so I was wondering maybe feeding them something else or reducing stress in other ways besides parameters.
Search under “Ich management” and my name, I’ve made a number of posts where I outline the techniques that need to be used in Ich management (I’m on my phone and can’t link them for you, sorry)

Jay

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back