Is this Ich

  • Thread starter Thread starter JGStriker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JGStriker

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2025
Messages
36
Reaction score
14
Location
Northwest Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
newer to reef keeping. Admittedly I don’t (yet)quarantine.

Noted
IMG_4915.png
my granma flashing a bit in the evenings for the past couple of weeks and his tail fin looking a bit frayed. Didn’t note much else. Today note what I think is ich. Thoughts?

Is my best management to remove the fish and go fallow? I have MOST of what I would need to do it. Just need meds for the second tank
 
newer to reef keeping. Admittedly I don’t (yet)quarantine.

Noted
IMG_4915.png
my granma flashing a bit in the evenings for the past couple of weeks and his tail fin looking a bit frayed. Didn’t note much else. Today note what I think is ich. Thoughts?

Is my best management to remove the fish and go fallow? I have MOST of what I would need to do it. Just need meds for the second tank

What other fish are in with the gramma? Somebody has been chomping on its tail.

Some of those spots could be ich, but we need a clearer full body pic to tell more.

The flashing is more a sign of flukes than ich, but fish commonly have both issues.
 
A pair of snowflake clowns, a fire fish, a diamond goby a molly miller blenny. Had a very short lived anyhia that was purchased and died within a week of placing in the tank (about 2 weeks ago).
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4916.png
    IMG_4916.png
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 60
A pair of snowflake clowns, a fire fish, a diamond goby a molly miller blenny. Had a very short lived anyhia that was purchased and died within a week of placing in the tank (about 2 weeks ago).
I’m confused - your second photo doesn’t show any tail damage. Was it from earlier?

The clowns may be the culprits here, although the blenny could also be a bit nippy, especially if it’s a larger one.
 
newer to reef keeping. Admittedly I don’t (yet)quarantine.

Noted
IMG_4915.png
my granma flashing a bit in the evenings for the past couple of weeks and his tail fin looking a bit frayed. Didn’t note much else. Today note what I think is ich. Thoughts?

Is my best management to remove the fish and go fallow? I have MOST of what I would need to do it. Just need meds for the second tank
What other fish in tank as this is a sign of aggression
 
This is the same day. I haven’t been able to get a great shot. Small fraying, nothin major but there definitely is a mild amount of small white spots on the causal fin and maybe also minimally to the dorsal. They are very fine, nearly opaque
Not large granular In Appearance

I was originally hoping it was just from aggression but if it is infectious I wanted to start formulating a potential plan
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new