Is this PMD?

DennistheMenace

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
80
Reaction score
63
Location
Charlottesville
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
91D34EDA-D1D3-446C-963C-E437E5505A4E.jpeg

I have had this maxima for about 6 months and in the last few days the mantles haven’t been extending. No big changes in water chemistry. Parameters:
Salinity 1.025
PH 8.1
ALK 9.0
Calcium 450
PO4 .10-.25
Nitrates 20ppm
I could move it to a location with a little more light, but it has been happy here since it was placed.
 
I don't have anything better than my iPhone to take pics with. I have decided to move it up a few inches and see how it reacts. In the current position it gets a little shaded from a support bar. In the new spot, I should be able to get some better pics.
 
It does not look like PMD. It has no recent growth and is gaping badly. I don't think it will recover.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new