Is this RBTA a goner?

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Bought some equipment off a guy getting out of the saltwater side of the hobby and also grabbed this rose BTA this past Saturday night. Nem and all other nems in the tank looked healthy as can be.

By the next morning it ventured under this rock. Looked fine under there with being bubbly until I got home from work today and it looked like this. Is this thing a goner and if not what can/should I do?
1690330319697.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For added context and if it’s not clear from the picture. The most concerning piece is the mouth in the center of the nem is wide open. I have a very happy healthy Rainbow BTA that’s never looked like this.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, Let it acclimate to the tank and keep parameters stable

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep an eye on it hopefully the mouth will close again and the anemone will open up. Like said above might be trying to adjust to your tank . Worry if it can not foot onto surfaces anymore. Hopefully it will improve

OP
OP
T

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Mouth of nem has closed back up and overall it looks normal. Still hanging upside down in the alcove and hoping it finally moves itself to someplace that actually gets light.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello All,

Bought some equipment off a guy getting out of the saltwater side of the hobby and also grabbed this rose BTA this past Saturday night. Nem and all other nems in the tank looked healthy as can be.

By the next morning it ventured under this rock. Looked fine under there with being bubbly until I got home from work today and it looked like this. Is this thing a goner and if not what can/should I do?
1690330319697.jpeg
Its alive but appears stressed. May be hiding due to excess flow or light
Assure phos is not elevated and as well as water temp and salinity

Back