Is this really RR angry birds

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen a green angry bird always the dark blue/purple. You think it’s real?
6BE480BF-FFAC-412F-80D3-0C146DF09808.png

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s another their site, it’s more like the color I’m used to seeing
C08DD482-EE8C-4947-AC7D-818820E281AC.png

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh so the green picture on top is the Asia version? The second set of pictures say reef raft Asia and they are the darker color that look closer than what I’m used too

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That second set of purple pics look like Copps Purple Slimer. Apparently I’m sitting on a gold mine! ;)

Neither of those look like what most people consider an Angry Bird. Look for an RRC or RRU. RRU is the hardest to find. That said, lots of people say theirs is RRU, but when you press them, they got it from Phil on the other side of town who heard it was an RRU so you know, it’s “probably” a real one. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of coral shops are slapping “Angry Birds” on one of their corals to raise the price. Apparently RRA did this and not on a particularly nice looking one from those pics.

Last edited:

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece. Was it labeled RR USA or RR Asia
It was labeled rr angry bird. This was aquasd first listing of these. Several months later I noticed they started listing them as rr Asia angry bird, so I called and was told that the one I bought months earlier was the rr Asia. I like the colors of this version better, especially in normal lighting but the RR USA version has bigger more colorful polyps and has a bright yellow axial corallite.

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Just curious because there seems to be quite a bit of variation between the ones I’ve seen

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biased of course but if Im paying Angry Birds $$$
I want a well adapted/ healed colored up frag with good PE.

Will not comment as to whether the OP pic is or isnt a real AB, could be??? just colored down? or still stressed/healing?

again though, if Im laying down that cheddar, I want a frag that already looks nice

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s real. I have that version, from that exact source: RK. RK got that angry bird from a member here who got it from Cornbred. Now whether or not it’s USA vs Asia, I don’t know. Bubba thinks it’s Asia (I believe him) but RK said it’s USA, and yes I know the site you’re looking at is ASD.
AD498AC3-C602-4BEB-AE15-EC26115BE774.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asd has one on their site that looks like a huge frag size and it’s only 150 which is good for this coral I would think. Just looks like it had a ton of light over it or something maybe. I didn’t know there were so many angry birds. I haven’t ever felt like I needed one but c eymanns pic of the ones in grow out are pretty cool since the polyps have two shades of color. Do all the variants have that?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asd has one on their site that looks like a huge frag size and it’s only 150 which is good for this coral I would think. Just looks like it had a ton of light over it or something maybe. I didn’t know there were so many angry birds. I haven’t ever felt like I needed one but c eymanns pic of the ones in grow out are pretty cool since the polyps have two shades of color. Do all the variants have that?

Take into account that my pic was taken under all blues with an orange filter with no other adjustment to WB/saturation on a smart phone.
Color is a bit off from what it really looks like, however it does have rainbow like multi tone polyps and looks pretty dang stunning IRL.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s real. I have that version, from that exact source: RK. RK got that angry bird from a member here who got it from Cornbred. Now whether or not it’s USA vs Asia, I don’t know. Bubba thinks it’s Asia (I believe him) but RK said it’s USA, and yes I know the site you’re looking at is ASD.
AD498AC3-C602-4BEB-AE15-EC26115BE774.jpeg
Awhile back I bought an Angry Bird from Cornbred, he said that he got his from TSA which is the RRU version.
On a side note, I don't like when vendors rename different corals with the same name as another.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhile back I bought an Angry Bird from Cornbred, he said that he got his from TSA which is the RRU version.
On a side note, I don't like when vendors rename different corals with the same name as another.

Please share a picture of yours. ;Snaphappy

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back