Is this really RR angry birds

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my little guy I'll throw into the ring. Just received him from TSA yesterday.

RRU Angry Birds

268.JPG

And here's my RRC Angry Birds from ARC for comparison.

260.2.JPG

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please share a picture of yours. ;Snaphappy
I don't know where I have a pic of it anymore. I lost that one a long time ago from a huge bacterial bloom when we needed some smoke remediation done from a California wildrife. They put some alcohol based paint in the attic and the bacteria grew like crazy causing a big cloudy bloom.
Just this week I bought a new RRU Angry Bird frag directly from RRU, which is local to me. The frag I got from RRU is 10x bigger than the frag I got shipped in from CB. However, the CB frag was colored up a little better.

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one I got from aqua SD a while ago. It came in real ugly and colorless. It is coming around not sure if USA or Asia or either haha

A67DFAA4-77EA-4B68-AE75-2CEA5DDADB62.jpeg

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I think you got the last one from the sale page.

I think there may have been 1 more. With so many different awesome representations of angry birds I just figured I’d get one straight from Reef Raft USA since they had the flash sale. It’s still crazy to me how much we are willing to pay for the “higher end” coral. I’ll be sure to post the booger frag that I get when it arrives

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know where I have a pic of it anymore. I lost that one a long time ago from a huge bacterial bloom when we needed some smoke remediation done from a California wildrife. They put some alcohol based paint in the attic and the bacteria grew like crazy causing a big cloudy bloom.
Just this week I bought a new RRU Angry Bird frag directly from RRU, which is local to me. The frag I got from RRU is 10x bigger than the frag I got shipped in from CB. However, the CB frag was colored up a little better.
I have no idea what rru does to frags after they cut them but they always look terrible when they arrive.

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what rru does to frags after they cut them but they always look terrible when they arrive.
Yes my wicked tuna and rainbow blossom still look terrible after having then for about 6 months they will not turn around just hanging on since I got them. Will not use reef raft again.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there may have been 1 more. With so many different awesome representations of angry birds I just figured I’d get one straight from Reef Raft USA since they had the flash sale. It’s still crazy to me how much we are willing to pay for the “higher end” coral. I’ll be sure to post the booger frag that I get when it arrives
I agree, I wanted straight from the source this time and he in my area. The frag he cut me wasn’t booger size, it was nice size for today’s standards.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my frag was just cut maybe 20-minutes before I got it from RRU and it was already a bit drab. But it does have good PE and it is a nice size frag. I just got an iPhone lens in today so I’ll take some pics.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IME most super colorful tenuis frags will dull out for a little bit after being cut and will gain back coloration after a few weeks - a month, esp on new growth.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my wicked tuna and rainbow blossom still look terrible after having then for about 6 months they will not turn around just hanging on since I got them. Will not use reef raft again.
Are they growing or just doing nothing?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my frag was just cut maybe 20-minutes before I got it from RRU and it was already a bit drab. But it does have good PE and it is a nice size frag. I just got an iPhone lens in today so I’ll take some pics.
Both are daylight pics with iPhone. One is no filter at all and the other is a 15k filter with a macro lens, which makes it look slightly more brown than it really is. I’ll see how the new lens works under the ReefBrites tonight.
On a side note, I would’ve thought the macro lens would allow me to zoom in a lot more than it did. I hardly see a difference here looking at them side by side with and without. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

AB8C6DCD-E9C9-4CE2-BA54-C9DB8BF342E8.png A29B5428-3FA3-47C1-AAD0-7147AFDB4B06.png

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME most super colorful tenuis frags will dull out for a little bit after being cut and will gain back coloration after a few weeks - a month, esp on new growth.
I generally agree but there’s a huge difference between a typical dulling and the brown doo doo frags that come from rru.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally agree but there’s a huge difference between a typical dulling and the brown doo doo frags that come from rru.
My pic above is fresh cut, I hope I can color it up. But as I mentioned, it’s not as brown as that 15k filter makes it look.

Last edited:

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they growing or just doing
Are they growing or just doing nothing?
They both came in real pale. The wicked tuna died off halfway but is still alive doing nothing and the rainbow blossom is still pale and the same size it came in. Will post a couple pics tomorrow when light are on. Needless to say was a bad deal they came in not healthy.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back