Is this really RR angry birds

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chaswood79 Do you typically cut those right away too?
I don’t get burnt tips anymore. I only got them when I Carbon dosed or used gfo. I would cut them off back then but it didn’t help bc I kept over stripping the water with nopox and/or gfo. What all are you using for nutrient export?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t get burnt tips anymore. I only got them when I Carbon dosed or used gfo. I would cut them off back then but it didn’t help bc I kept over stripping the water with nopox and/or gfo. What all are you using for nutrient export?
Only wet skimming and water changes. Nitrate has been consistent at 5. I think the tip on this one has to do with not a 100% happy frag to start and then either, 1. Too much of a different type of lighting and powerful. 2. Drastic Alk change from mine to his from day 1., 3. PH-drop over the last few days with people in the small room.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw
RRU don’t use skimmers
Tony uses all radion g4 pros with 2 hours of all leds at 100% and then 8 hours of only blues. He told me he keeps his alk at 9 but that was a couple years ago

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only wet skimming and water changes. Nitrate has been consistent at 5. I think the tip on this one has to do with not a 100% happy frag to start and then either, 1. Too much of a different type of lighting and powerful. 2. Drastic Alk change from mine to his from day 1., 3. PH-drop over the last few days with people in the small room.
The most likely cause was it didn’t look great when you got it. Try skimming drier or turning your skimmer off while your lights are on.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw
RRU don’t use skimmers
Tony uses all radion g4 pros with 2 hours of all leds at 100% and then 8 hours of only blues. He told me he keeps his alk at 9 but that was a couple years ago
Yep, when I asked him about lights a few months ago he said the same, Radion. If his alk is still 9, then that is the same as me.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, when I asked him about lights a few months ago he said the same, Radion. If his alk is still 9, then that is the same as me.
It looks pale/starved. It needs some fish poop. It should look this blue
CFF330F3-4AEE-4C60-B409-1CF153DCE992.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks pale/starved. It needs some fish poop.
Definitely a little on the pale side, I noticed that when he handed it to me. I've got lots of fish, maybe I'll feed them some more now, to drum up a dump before the lights go out. I cut their food back a bit when I saw phosphate reach 0.17.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a little on the pale side, I noticed that when he handed it to me. I've got lots of fish, maybe I'll feed them some more now, to drum up a dump before the lights go out. I cut their food back a bit when I saw phosphate reach 0.17.
How do the rest of your acros look?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks he gave you a stressed one.
And they are not cheap. I did what Thirst said and cut it off. After doing a quick search on R2R for his name, I decided I will take his advice and cut it! I know realistically it is hard to turn around a frag once STN starts. At least it is a nice size frag so I hope that helps, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up to full PE with no STN and that will just be the start.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see the mother. He said they aren’t letting anyone in the shop now, but I have been there before. My frag looked the same in the bag as it does now, and there was no shipping. It had no PE in the bag, but I’m pretty sure he had just cut it. I agree it’s a really nice frag, so I’m not too disappointed about the color, I just hope I can color it up.
It’s a nice SIZED frag, I don’t know about the current condition and lack of color making it nice though.
I hope you can really color it up and get it thriving.

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It amazes me how slow some of these tenius grow if they aren't in the right spot. Im finding rr Angry birds to grow better with less light (300par steady under radiums), i guess it doesnt like the shimmer nitro boost my halides kick off.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It amazes me how slow some of these tenius grow if they aren't in the right spot. Im finding rr Angry birds to grow better with less light (300par steady under radiums), i guess it doesnt like the shimmer nitro boost my halides kick off.
You got that right

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on reef raft stagnant frags... Rainbow blossom been 6-8 months and the frag still looks pale and unhealthy like the day I got it. Thankfully angry bird has grown decently, only encrustment though under higher PAR directly under radion.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on reef raft stagnant frags... Rainbow blossom been 6-8 months and the frag still looks pale and unhealthy like the day I got it. Thankfully angry bird has grown decently, only encrustment though under higher PAR directly under radion.
How’s the color on your angry bird? Maybe it’s my tank still at 13-months, not fully ready. I should buy a battlebox or some healed up healthy frags locally before dropping hundreds on 1-frag
again, but I never learn. I love the collector acros. I also need to do more research on acclimating frags from LED being the main lighting to my 8-bulb T5 plus ReefBrite.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RRU hasn’t started shooting branches yet. Coloration is richer though since I got it as a pale frag, polyps mostly yellow. I hope that the red polyps will come with the branches.

rainbow blossom still drab, grey, weak and doing absolutely nothing since I got it. I’ve relocated it two times as well to some nice spots. Nearby acros to it have done great.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back