Is this really RR angry birds

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How’s the color on your angry bird? Maybe it’s my tank still at 13-months, not fully ready. I should buy a battlebox or some healed up healthy frags locally before dropping hundreds on 1-frag
again, but I never learn. I love the collector acros. I also need to do more research on acclimating frags from LED being the main lighting to my 8-bulb T5 plus ReefBrite.

Nothing wrong with going with premium early on....but the high end tenius are tough for sure. I saved a HW with 3 or 4 polyps cutting the tip when acclimating, Now its booming. I cant tell by your pic, but if its rtn'ing bottom up i would snip the healthy tip off. A piece like that is going to encrust before growing out most likely anyways.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with going with premium early on....but the high end tenius are tough for sure. I saved a HW with 3 or 4 polyps cutting the tip when acclimating, Now its booming. I cant tell by your pic, but if its rtn'ing bottom up i would snip the healthy tip off. A piece like that is going to encrust before growing out most likely anyways.
I’ll get out the iPhone macro lens tomorrow to try and get a clear picture. It’s weird how all the coralites turned whiteish. It’s in bad shape for sure, but I’ll hold out hope while there is still some PE.

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my previous tank I started throwing higher end Acropora in it at the 4 month mark. That tank grew acros well. My current tank is 5-6 months and my acros are pretty happy and encrusting pretty quick. I just think some frags just aren’t healthy and won’t make it no matter how mature your tank is.

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my angry birds from RRU today. The frag is a decent size, colors are a bit faded but not that bad. I also picked up the RRU firestick, the frag is in great shape color and polys were out in the shipping bag. I cut the plugs off and did a bayer dip. I’m sure they’ll color up after a bit in my display. I’ll post a picture in a few

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my angry birds from RRU today. The frag is a decent size, colors are a bit faded but not that bad. I also picked up the RRU firestick, the frag is in great shape color and polys were out in the shipping bag. I cut the plugs off and did a bayer dip. I’m sure they’ll color up after a bit in my display. I’ll post a picture in a few
Looking forward to the pics!

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a side pic my little guy

dsc00924-2.jpg

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the heavy blues.... just got back from work I’ll take a daylight shot tomorrow.

A35DBE4F-8ED0-4E3E-990E-1388F51A4397.jpeg

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t get a good shot of it with my phone. Color is a bit light but not bad. The polys are red at least while they were out last night

redfishreef96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to snag a frag directly from RRU at his last live sale. I got my frag at the end of September and took picture tonight. I have to say the frag was significantly paler when I first got it, my frag of RRU rainbow blossom is still pale. Really looking forward to seeing this grow out.

PXL_20201007_232213713-01.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to snag a frag directly from RRU at his last live sale. I got my frag at the end of September and took picture tonight. I have to say the frag was significantly paler when I first got it, my frag of RRU rainbow blossom is still pale. Really looking forward to seeing this grow out.

PXL_20201007_232213713-01.jpeg
Looking good.

OP
OP
kaifish

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has colored up as well and has started to encrust. Trying to get a decent picture but I struggle to get one with my phone

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back