Is this stand too tight to this sump?

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump is a 20l, there is about 1/8 inch clearance on either side, doesnt contact the sump at all even with me sitting on top of the stand and shaking it(i weight more than the 15g tank that will go on top), but still i worry if its too close. AM i overthinking this?
stand with sump.jpg
sump clearance.jpg

TIA

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be difficult to work on and around, if there are any cords you need to run along the side they may not fit. But otherwise if it fits I don't see a problem with it :)

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to mount anything on the ends then no room. I have a kessil mounted to on end and my ATO is attached to the end. If you do not mount anything on ends it is fine.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed. May have a little difficulties with wire management and mounting equipment but other than that if it fits and you like the sump I’d go with it!!

OP
OP
Fishbike13

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great! just needed a little nudge towards it being ok haha. As far as wire management, the few bits of equipment that i plan to run will be run over the back of the sump then into a bundle, with the power strip mounted under the top of the stand.

Guess ill just have to keep on top of cleaning to keep the salt creep from building up on the sides.

Thanks all!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back