Is this stocking good for a 55g predator tank?

harrylikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Snowflake Eel
1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
1 Fu Manchu Lionfish
1 Marine Betta
1 Longnose Hawkfish

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me that's too much. The hawkfish may not be a good a fit because they could become food for the lions. I would choose 3 of the others. The fu manchu is extremely difficult so that may help with you decision. Check out some the threads I posted on lion care and feeding.

OP
OP
H

harrylikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me that's too much. The hawkfish may not be a good a fit because they could become food for the lions. I would choose 3 of the others. The fu manchu is extremely difficult so that may help with you decision. Check out some the threads I posted on lion care and feeding.
Okay so what I’m thinking is 1 Snowflake Eel, 1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, and can I get a Leaf Fish instead of the Marine Betta? Would that be okay?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so what I’m thinking is 1 Snowflake Eel, 1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, and can I get a Leaf Fish instead of the Marine Betta? Would that be okay?

Yes the leaf fish would be fine, just remember to read up on their care. I would highly suggest maintaining live foods in the diet of the leaf fish and fuzzy. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with long term success feeding a dead only diet with these 2 fish.

OP
OP
H

harrylikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the leaf fish would be fine, just remember to read up on their care. I would highly suggest maintaining live foods in the diet of the leaf fish and fuzzy. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with long term success feeding a dead only diet with these 2 fish.
Is silversides, mollies, and ghost shrimp a good diet?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is silversides, mollies, and ghost shrimp a good diet?

If you are sticking with a diet of live ghosties and mollies, you can add in a variety of other dead food that they will take. I feed silversides, shrimp, tuna, salmon, silver fish(a fish I get from the asian market), and human grade krill(also from the asian matket. Each fish will be different as to what they will actually eat.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The marine beta adds almost no bioload to a tank. They have such a slow metabolism and don't require much food at all. I would not exclude this fish. It is a must have in every tank for me. One of the best fish you can possibly get.

OP
OP
H

harrylikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The marine beta adds almost no bioload to a tank. They have such a slow metabolism and don't require much food at all. I would not exclude this fish. It is a must have in every tank for me. One of the best fish you can possibly get.
Okay.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back