Is this the inkbird i need?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishko

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
881
Reaction score
589
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KC24CKD/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1Added up the livestock in my tank and its added up, so i want a level of safety. Currently running a eheim heater and plan on replacing once a year. Is this the inkbird controller i need, ik you need to calibrate often, but thats fine with me. Can i also plug in a computer fan in the cooling port. My tank is a 29g lps reef.
 
How often do you need to calibrate it to be safe, thanks!
I’ve had it for a year and Haven’t calibrated again after the first time. I check my salinity with the Hannah checker which also measures temp and its only off by .2° I’ll take that
 
While that one will certainly work, I actually prefer this one as it has heating and cooling controls. I have my heater and a small fan plugged into it. If you don't have issues with your tank getting hot in the summer (I don't have central air), then you might not need the cooling element, but if so, I highly recommend that model.
 
While that one will certainly work, I actually prefer this one as it has heating and cooling controls. I have my heater and a small fan plugged into it. If you don't have issues with your tank getting hot in the summer (I don't have central air), then you might not need the cooling element, but if so, I highly recommend that model.
Good catch! I didn’t realize the first link was only for heating.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new