Is this the same Piece?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2018
Messages
2,212
Reaction score
2,445
Location
Concord, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to add some sticks to my tank, and was on Battlecorals site looking around when I came across this piece (1st pic). Now i'll be honest, I don't know scientific names to a majority of corals that we acquire in our hobby, but I need to step it up. I bought a piece from a live sale earlier on in the year, and bought a piece which they listed as a Red Robin Stag(2nd pic). But when looking at both of these pieces, they look identical from color to coralite, and even growth pattern. So I would like to get some of you more experienced Stick Heads and let me know the scientific name of this coral, as I am done with the fancy names they give them.

This post is in no way negative to Battlecorals, and the items he carrys, as I have a few pieces from him that are awesome.

Battlecoral Piece
Frag farmer Starwberry Lemonade.jpg



Live Sale piece called Red Robin Stag
20191106_182611.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new