Is this the SMALLEST Reef Tank Possible?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you guys seen these tiny tanks!? I got the chance to look at them this past weekend at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando and they bring a whole new definition to pico tanks!

Check out this video by @Reef Builders

And this video by @KingTideCorals

I love the way these little micro tanks are set up. What do you guys think? What would you put in yours? I'm thinking a sexy shrimp maybe and a rfa or something small. I've seen them with duncans and mushrooms.

Also, would you guys be interested in a group buy for these little tanks through R2R?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, Daniel thanks for that. I didnt know this was a thing but now I gotta spend more money bc you forced my hand on a new project.
Haha! Glad I could "help"! :cool: :p

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gonna tell my wife it was your fault. Let her be mad I need a fifth tank now.

I think Im gonna put an Clown trigger in it now actually.
Haha! I definitely wanna see a build thread on it once you get it going.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've looked at them before. Someone started a thread around here somewhere a while back.

I was surprised at how expensive they were. I don't think it was the brand in the videos above though.
I felt like the price on this particular model was pretty reasonable when I saw them at RAP, especially for a fully plug-n-play setup.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt like the price on this particular model was pretty reasonable when I saw them at RAP, especially for a fully plug-n-play setup.
Great now that I look it up, might have to get one. Definitely don't think the price is too bad.

I think the one I was talking about might have been in the $300 range? It was a while ago, and I don't really remember. Just remember it was more then I was willing to pay for a .3G tank.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! I definitely wanna see a build thread on it once you get it going.
Its listed at 180 on saltwateraquarium.com and the build thread is gonna be insane, im gonna show every single shell and where I place it, and show where I release every single pod. Then im gonna go diving and fist fight a clown trigger pair on a reef, steal exactly one egg, and raise it to be my desk attack clown trigger.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With .3 gallons, simple WC would suffice.

But how often would you have to do the WC and how much water would you have to you change?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I have been meaning to buy but couldn't remember the name. I saw a thread about these last year and was impressed with the thought that went into the design! I think they did a great job with it! A lot of thought went into the design. I have enough room on my stand to put this beside my 5g. Power to picos!! LOL

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I see the difference in price now!

Same tank, but the one I saw in the thread has an ATO, and inkbird controller with it. They have both at saltwateraquarium.com

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im about to drop 320 on a dang desk tank and It wouldnt have ever happened if it wasnt for this meddling forum!!!
What if we set up a group buy through Reef2Reef for anyone interested in buying one?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back