Is this the SMALLEST Reef Tank Possible?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys seen these tiny tanks!? I got the chance to look at them this past weekend at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando and they bring a whole new definition to pico tanks!

Check out this video by @Reef Builders

And this video by @KingTideCorals

I love the way these little micro tanks are set up. What do you guys think? What would you put in yours? I'm thinking a sexy shrimp maybe and a rfa or something small. I've seen them with duncans and mushrooms.

Also, would you guys be interested in a group buy for these little tanks through R2R?

Why not just keep the animals in a bag like the good old days.

DSCF3053 (1).jpeg

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love pico tanks, but wish they made these AIO. An external sump makes it more expensive and prone to leaks with the plumbing/extra seams with no real benefit at this size.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What if we set up a group buy through Reef2Reef for anyone interested in buying one?
I just have to !!
What is water change recommendation - Hourly ? LOL

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I wasn’t in the middle of a 310 gallon build that’s taking all my money currently plus maintaining my 75g, I would have bought one of these already for the kitchen counter. Now if a group-by comes into play… I can definitely see myself dipping into my 310g build funds to impulse buy it

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love pico tanks, but wish they made these AIO. An external sump makes it more expensive and prone to leaks with the plumbing/extra seams with no real benefit at this size.

atticus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys seen these tiny tanks!? I got the chance to look at them this past weekend at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando and they bring a whole new definition to pico tanks!

Check out this video by @Reef Builders

And this video by @KingTideCorals

I love the way these little micro tanks are set up. What do you guys think? What would you put in yours? I'm thinking a sexy shrimp maybe and a rfa or something small. I've seen them with duncans and mushrooms.

Also, would you guys be interested in a group buy for these little tanks through R2R?

Decided to step up to the mini!
Just finished the scape.

Attachments

• 0513BE36-771B-4351-ABC7-700C32BDF75B.jpeg
    0513BE36-771B-4351-ABC7-700C32BDF75B.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 47

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased one with ato and heater control looking forward to the challenge but I suppose water changes will be quick and easy I plan on using natures ocean nutri sea water since 2.2 gallons only cost 15 dollars plus tax and that should be able to do a good number of water changes when needed and old tank syndrome should never be a problem because it will be easy to remove the livestock to do a complete cleaning when necessary.

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Stoney it’s less than a half gallon I do not think a leak would be much of an issue plus I believe it will be easier to clean than an all in one.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • Full frame

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • All of the above

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back