Is this the SMALLEST Reef Tank Possible?

Have you guys seen these tiny tanks!? I got the chance to look at them this past weekend at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando and they bring a whole new definition to pico tanks!

Check out this video by @Reef Builders



And this video by @KingTideCorals



I love the way these little micro tanks are set up. What do you guys think? What would you put in yours? I'm thinking a sexy shrimp maybe and a rfa or something small. I've seen them with duncans and mushrooms.

Also, would you guys be interested in a group buy for these little tanks through R2R?

Why not just keep the animals in a bag like the good old days.

DSCF3053 (1).jpeg
 
Love pico tanks, but wish they made these AIO. An external sump makes it more expensive and prone to leaks with the plumbing/extra seams with no real benefit at this size.
 
What if we set up a group buy through Reef2Reef for anyone interested in buying one?
I just have to !!
What is water change recommendation - Hourly ? LOL
 
If I wasn’t in the middle of a 310 gallon build that’s taking all my money currently plus maintaining my 75g, I would have bought one of these already for the kitchen counter. Now if a group-by comes into play… I can definitely see myself dipping into my 310g build funds to impulse buy it
 
Have you guys seen these tiny tanks!? I got the chance to look at them this past weekend at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando and they bring a whole new definition to pico tanks!

Check out this video by @Reef Builders



And this video by @KingTideCorals



I love the way these little micro tanks are set up. What do you guys think? What would you put in yours? I'm thinking a sexy shrimp maybe and a rfa or something small. I've seen them with duncans and mushrooms.

Also, would you guys be interested in a group buy for these little tanks through R2R?

Decided to step up to the mini!
Just finished the scape.
 

Attachments

  • 0513BE36-771B-4351-ABC7-700C32BDF75B.jpeg
    0513BE36-771B-4351-ABC7-700C32BDF75B.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 114
Just purchased one with ato and heater control looking forward to the challenge but I suppose water changes will be quick and easy I plan on using natures ocean nutri sea water since 2.2 gallons only cost 15 dollars plus tax and that should be able to do a good number of water changes when needed and old tank syndrome should never be a problem because it will be easy to remove the livestock to do a complete cleaning when necessary.
 
Hey Stoney it’s less than a half gallon I do not think a leak would be much of an issue plus I believe it will be easier to clean than an all in one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new