OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. He had a bad mouth infection and was skinny when I bought him. You can see the pinched head in the photo. He was eating good and did 2 weeks of abx and it cleared. I guess 2 weeks was not enough as it came back just raging and I lost him quickly before the next round could do its job. I think if I had gone longer with antibiotics I could have saved him for sure. Two weeks is generally what is recommended. Live and learn.
I’m sorry to hear that. How did you even come across him? I’ve been on the look for one and can’t find a good source

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All jokes aside I’ve got the revised list done here. Let me hear what you think:

Pair of Amphiprion Bullet Mocha Vinci (female)
Amphiprion Naked Mocha (male)
Chaetodontoplus melanosoma/Chaetodontoplus-? - (Black Velvet Angelfish/Black Phantom Angelfish Hybrid)
Valenciennea puellaris - (Diamond Watchman Goby)
Ecsenius midas - (Midas Blenny)
Oxycirrhites typu - (Longnose Hawkfish)
Siganus magnificus - (Magnificent Foxface)
Cirrhilabrus naokoae - (Naoko Fairy Wrasse)
Ctenochaetus flavicauda - (White Tail Bristletooth tang)
x 4 Pseudanthias bimaculatus - (Bimaculatus Anthias)
Halichoeres melasmapomus - (Earmuff Wrasse)
Paracheilinus attenautus - (Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse)
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis - (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse -supermale-)
Opistognathus aurifrons- (Pearly Headed Jawfish)
Genicanthus bellus - (Bellus Angelfish -female-)

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go from what I’ve experienced and the majority of specimens I’ve cared for have followed the pattern of what I have explained.
Although, I too have a CBB that will fight off larger more aggressive fish.
If this is true, should I exchange the CBB for the leopard wrasse? They are both tricky. Although I don’t know if my residents Angel will be happy with the CBB

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. He had a bad mouth infection and was skinny when I bought him. You can see the pinched head in the photo. He was eating good and did 2 weeks of abx and it cleared. I guess 2 weeks was not enough as it came back just raging and I lost him quickly before the next round could do its job. I think if I had gone longer with antibiotics I could have saved him for sure. Two weeks is generally what is recommended. Live and learn.
Sorry to hear that. I got a transitional black leopard male years ago from Liveaquaria that I lost to suspected internal parasites he came in thin and I just couldn't put any weight back on him. Once they start showing pinching behind the head they're almost always a goner. Such a shame.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. I got a transitional black leopard male years ago from Liveaquaria that I lost to suspected internal parasites he came in thin and I just couldn't put any weight back on him. Once they start showing pinching behind the head they're almost always a goner. Such a shame.
I’ll keep an eye out for that if I decide to go with leopard wrasses

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll keep an eye out for that if I decide to go with leopard wrasses
If you see pinching behind the head of ANY wrasse walk away. Something is wrong with it.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still say your fish list is too long. 18 fish in a 90g as a newish reefer who isnt going to QT the more fragile fish is a recipe for heart break and a empty wallet imo.

I would pick 10 you like and then if you can add more as time goes on, great. If not.. you will know better and should stop additions.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still say your fish list is too long. 18 fish in a 90g as a newish reefer who isnt going to QT the more fragile fish is a recipe for heart break and a empty wallet imo.

I would pick 10 you like and then if you can add more as time goes on, great. If not.. you will know better and should stop additions.
Hmm..back to thinking and more cutting…

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All jokes aside I’ve got the revised list done here. Let me hear what you think:

Pair of Amphiprion Bullet Mocha Vinci (female)
Amphiprion Naked Mocha (male)
Chaetodontoplus melanosoma/Chaetodontoplus-? - (Black Velvet Angelfish/Black Phantom Angelfish Hybrid)
Valenciennea puellaris - (Diamond Watchman Goby)
Ecsenius midas - (Midas Blenny)
Oxycirrhites typu - (Longnose Hawkfish)
Siganus magnificus - (Magnificent Foxface)
Cirrhilabrus naokoae - (Naoko Fairy Wrasse)
Ctenochaetus flavicauda - (White Tail Bristletooth tang)
x 4 Pseudanthias bimaculatus - (Bimaculatus Anthias)
Halichoeres melasmapomus - (Earmuff Wrasse)
Paracheilinus attenautus - (Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse)
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis - (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse -supermale-)
Opistognathus aurifrons- (Pearly Headed Jawfish)
Genicanthus bellus - (Bellus Angelfish -female-)

So @SaltyT what do you think of the new list?
I think you need to cut the list down some more. I have a 90g the only "big" fish I have is a one spot foxface and a genicanthus angel the rest are smaller wrasses. Tanks look roomy until you start putting fish in them lol

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if you are in a place that loses power from tropical storms but a generator is probably needed if so. Overstocking a smaller tank leads to asphyxiation quickly if the power goes out.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to cut the list down some more. I have a 90g the only "big" fish I have is a one spot foxface and a genicanthus angel the rest are smaller wrasses. Tanks look roomy until you start putting fish in them lol

^this

I was going to say 2-3 bigger fish only. I have a tang, copperband, and a dwarf angel (that one kind of medium).

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree….I’ll only be reefing for a year now in October, so I’m still pretty new, but I do have some knowledge from my uncles’ tank in the past. QT sensitive fish is not something I like, but not something I won’t do. All my fish I plan on adding are going straight to QT, but I just didn’t want to add a leopard to a QT to cut down on stress.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree….I’ll only be reefing for a year now in October, so I’m still pretty new, but I do have some knowledge from my uncles’ tank in the past. QT sensitive fish is not something I like, but not something I won’t do. All my fish I plan on adding are going straight to QT, but I just didn’t want to add a leopard to a QT to cut down on stress.

Just put the leopard in an observation tank for a month. I QT'd all my leopards and I never lost one to QT... to other things, even lack of QT but never QT itself. You can have sand in the QT... they don't really seem to mind it. They are just poor shippers.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back