Is this too much? Fish stocking

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go from what I’ve experienced and the majority of specimens I’ve cared for have followed the pattern of what I have explained.
Although, I too have a CBB that will fight off larger more aggressive fish.

to be fair... my koles were big boys, bigger than the yellow tang for sure. They probably had no business being in a 80g. That copperband is a XXL. Oddly enough the koles I tried did not fight with the other flat bodied fish, they would charge the wrasses. I love my wrasses, so that is an absolute no no, you just got yourself evicted.

1664301760276.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to be fair... my koles were big boys, bigger than the yellow tang for sure. They probably had no business being in a 80g. That copperband is a XXL. Oddly enough the koles I tried did not fight with the other flat bodied fish, they would charge the wrasses. I love my wrasses, so that is an absolute no no, you just got yourself evicted.

1664301760276.png
You also had what appears to be the true kole, these are more aggressive than most of that genus. Binotatus, cf. striatus, Flavicauda ect… all seem to be much less aggressive. The larger species I will admit are rather more aggressive, these are Strigosus, Hawaiiensis, and Striatus.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1664301760276.png
That’s a beautiful yellow eye kole. The colors just look sooooo good. Now I want one :pleading-face:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a beautiful yellow eye kole. The colors just look sooooo good. Now I want one :pleading-face:
Unfortunately they’re Hawaiian endemic. I personally prefer the binotatus however that’s just because I went for that species (If I could redo my tang choice I’d do flavicauda).

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately they’re Hawaiian endemic. I personally prefer the binotatus however that’s just because I went for that species (If I could redo my tang choice I’d do flavicauda).
Does your tang now that?! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No, you didn't want that one. He just stressed everyone out... he is lucky I did not fry him up and eat him... he was big enough for a good meal.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you didn't want that one. He just stressed everyone out... he is lucky I did not fry him up and eat him... he was big enough for a good meal.
You should have fried him :winking-face-with-tongue::grinning-squinting-face:. Then you could have had something like this
1664302618878.png

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a pic of it going through quarantine (hybrid TTM) - in its peroxide bath...dwarfing the yellow tang.

However, this is under DAYLIGHT! The fish doesn't look nearly as good under blue tinted reef tanks. Looks more like a brown blob if you ask me.

1664302650954.png

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a pic of it going through quarantine (hybrid TTM) - in its peroxide bath...dwarfing the yellow tang.

However, this is under DAYLIGHT! The fish doesn't look nearly as good under blue tinted reef tanks. Looks more like a brown blob if you ask me.

1664302650954.png
That fish is HUGE:star-struck:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1664302650954.png
Beautiful male black leopard wrasse. Do you still have him?

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got my new list now, thinking it through I’ve decided to change things. I’m not going over stock the tank, besides it’s only a few fish…

Pomacanthus imperator - (Emperor Angelfish)
Holacanthus ciliaris - (Queen Angelfish)
Pomacanthus paru - (French Anglefish)
Balistes vetula - (Queen Triggerfish)

I think this will work, I mean, It’s only 4 fish ;)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful male black leopard wrasse. Do you still have him?

No. He had a bad mouth infection and was skinny when I bought him. You can see the pinched head in the photo. He was eating good and did 2 weeks of abx and it cleared. I guess 2 weeks was not enough as it came back just raging and I lost him quickly before the next round could do its job. I think if I had gone longer with antibiotics I could have saved him for sure. Two weeks is generally what is recommended. Live and learn.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back