OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rkpetersen Im not convinced it will work either, but it’s unilateral so I’m hopeful it will resolve on its own based on what you’ve said. The fish are now out of copper and got a 100% water chance so I’m hopeful that will improve their odds of resolving on their own. I’ll try the mag sulfate tomorrow, and I ordered neoplex from amazon which will be here Monday. If it’s not cured by Monday I’ll dose neo.

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed the mag sulfate yesterday. Pop eye appears to be mostly resolved today. Fish are all out of copper and got a 100% water change. Hopefully the mag plus clean water plus copper removal does the trick! At 4 weeks fallow now so two weeks of observation are on deck and then good to go :)

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sad news. My golden rhomboid wrasse was found deceased today. Not quite sure what happened there.... Hadn't seen him for a few days even though he is normally active and swimming so I did a little moving around in one of the QT tanks and found his body. Thought I was safe from losses since there through copper already :(;Rage

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sad news. My golden rhomboid wrasse was found deceased today. Not quite sure what happened there.... Hadn't seen him for a few days even though he is normally active and swimming so I did a little moving around in one of the QT tanks and found his body. Thought I was safe from losses since there through copper already :(;Rage

:(:(:(

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Not quite sure what happened there. I didn’t see any problems in that QT tank and he was active up until I lost track of him.

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know confidence intervals for velvet dying off in your tank after fallow periods? I’ve been able to find a chart with standard deviations and confidence intervals for ich, but nothing for velvet.

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks So, I may have just made an error and added water that a new fish came in, into a QT with fish that had already been treated. On a scale of 0-10 what do you think the chances of passing a pathogen along were when I accidentally added probably 6 oz of water into a QT tank. :rolleyes::mad:;Blackeye;Dead

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks So, I may have just made an error and added water that a new fish came in, into a QT with fish that had already been treated. On a scale of 0-10 what do you think the chances of passing a pathogen along were when I accidentally added probably 6 oz of water into a QT tank. :rolleyes::mad:;Blackeye;Dead
Ugggghhhh. There are some variables. Was it a fish that was purchased locally? Or shipped? Depending on where the fish came from (most LFS just bag the fish with tank water where you could definitely have free swimmers or any other pathogen). A shipped fish is frequently packaged with new water which would be less likely to carry a free swimmer depending on how long it was in the bag itself. Either way I wouldn't trust it. I would re-QT the fish if it were me.

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it! It was a replacement golden rhomboid from Saltwaterfish.com, so should be shipped in new saltwater. I was thinking of observing them for two weeks and letting it go at that. The tank I dumped it into has a tang, so it there was ich or velvet in the water it’ll manifest itself. Sound like a plan? Or should I just do two weeks in copper again and then transfer?

Last edited:
OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind. I remembered I have CP. that’ll be the treatment tomorrow once the prazi is done. So much easier than copper

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks how’s the comparability between prazi and cp? I dosed prazi two days ago and just want to make sure I’m good to put them in CP tomorrow.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run carbon for 24hours and preform a 25-50% WC.

I have never combined the two personally.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have wrasses in there? Unless it’s been tested more recently, I think wrasses are iffy with CP.... although I’ve been gone a while so that may have changed.

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth No wrasses in there. I only dumped water in one of my 4 current QT tanks. The one I dumped it into has two clowns, a butterfly, and zebrasoma tang so thankfully I think I’m ok on that front. Still a little frustrated with myself that I did it, but at least the fish from all my other QT tanks can go back in two days when my six weeks of fallow is up!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have wrasses in there? Unless it’s been tested more recently, I think wrasses are iffy with CP.... although I’ve been gone a while so that may have changed.

Cirrhilabrus & Halichoeres genus wrasses seem to be fine in CP.

Paracheilinus & Pseudocheilinus ARE A NO GO in CP.

Jury is still out on all other genera of wrasses.

Welcome back! :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back