Issue keeping torches hammer and frogspawns!

TacsReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s it going everybody, I’m not new to this forum just lost my old account and cannot access the email to get it back, but I’m having an issue with my tank and trying to keep any torches, hammers, frogspawns, mostly lps and some softies, after about 2-3 months of putting them into my tank they will look good then just slowly start to die out, I did a tritium icp test and couldn’t believe how everything came out. These are the results.

i only use the tropic Marin pro salt, I dose the esv bionic, running 2 hydra 26hd on a 75g tank with a 40 breeder Sump, I have a 9watt uv in the Sump, with my skimmer and I run carbon and chemi pure elite, the tank is bare bottom also these are the nitrates and phosphates I try to keep the phosphates low 0.1 to 0.3 and nitrates around 10-20 and the alk I try to keep as stable as I can above 8.5, but I still keep having issues with them, my coworker at my LFS told me o could have a bacterial infection in the tank which is causing my torches to deflate and die off, same with my hammers and frogspawns.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree that a bacteria strain can cause this to happen.
If other corals do well then it might be the cause

OP
OP
T

TacsReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had some zoa melt randomly. I had about 6 heads of exospheres which we’re doing amazing just randomly melt from one day to another, I’m trying to see what would be the best way to treat the bacterial infection

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back