Issues connecting REEFWAVE to REEFBEAT

Morphix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go through the normal process, and it gets to a screen where it's attempting to update firmware after connecting to WiFi. It hangs there for a while and then I get this error. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20200711-175210.png

DMathys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 25s for a month or so no issues.

Last night both drop off the app and app shows they are on controller when they are still in reefbeat mode. I remove both from app and attempt to reload and get the same message that you did. Messed with it for a couple hours and gave up, just using the controllerz.

Curious is someone has any info/a fix because I want to keep my programs.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go through the normal process, and it gets to a screen where it's attempting to update firmware after connecting to WiFi. It hangs there for a while and then I get this error. Thoughts?

I haven’t had the same issue, but I had an issue connecting to my WiFi. I finally called them and the Tech Support was very helpful. I would call them. If there are 3 people with the same issue, maybe they are working on a fix for it and they may have a work around for now. Please let us know what you find out, if you do call or figure it out. Thx!

Astro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates ? Just bought two 25’s and one works fine but the other won’t upgrade firmware. I unpaired and tried to re set it up but keeps failing :/ kinda wild a $400 motor is this unreliable

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates ? Just bought two 25’s and one works fine but the other won’t upgrade firmware. I unpaired and tried to re set it up but keeps failing :/ kinda wild a $400 motor is this unreliable
This was only resolved by contacting Red Sea customer care, they will walk through some steps with you to trouble shoot. My situation was resolved by sending a new control unit which works perfectly now.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you adding your Aquarium or Device? How far along are you?

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one and tried connecting it. It makes it to the point where it tries to connect to my network and then fails. I am currently working with customer service to figure it out. I would email them. They are very receptive but it just might take a little while. I was on the phone for about an hour with customer service trying to figure it out. They are sending me a new controller to see if this solves the problem.

Gerry

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was only resolved by contacting Red Sea customer care, they will walk through some steps with you to trouble shoot. My situation was resolved by sending a new control unit which works perfectly now.
I have had nothing but problems. Every time my ReefWave25 Controller disconnects from my WiFi in ReefBeat, I have had to delete it from the App, reset Factory settings on the Controller, mess with it until it finally connects to my WiFi (pressing the ‘wave’ button multiple times). Total hassle. I finally wrote to them and asked them to send me a new ReefWave25 and Controller because I have also had trouble getting it to go in Reverse and/or execute the Alternate function.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one and tried connecting it. It makes it to the point where it tries to connect to my network and then fails. I am currently working with customer service to figure it out. I would email them. They are very receptive but it just might take a little while. I was on the phone for about an hour with customer service trying to figure it out. They are sending me a new controller to see if this solves the problem.

Gerry
Cust Service is very nice and very helpful, this is true. Email response has been a bit slow though. I think they think if they don’t respond that I will go away or figure it out on my own or figure out that messed up is normal.

TB10196221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 25s for a month or so no issues.

Last night both drop off the app and app shows they are on controller when they are still in reefbeat mode. I remove both from app and attempt to reload and get the same message that you did. Messed with it for a couple hours and gave up, just using the controllerz.

Curious is someone has any info/a fix because I want to keep my programs.
Did you ever get a solution to this or did you end up having to call customer service, because I remember updating the firmware on my 45 but now it still disconnects from the app after I reset and reconnect and then the app just always says “no connection” idk what to do because Ran without being connected I basically have a $400 basic powerhead

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gerry
Amazing after almost two years and connecting the devices is still a crap shoot. I really do regret getting ReaSea anything.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back