• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Its apparent - Live Aquaria has failed

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was reluctant but did a frozen order with LA last Tuesday. I asked no ship until Monday due to holiday. Its Tuesday and they not only charged my bank card as I used a gift certificate and I have yet to see my card credited back but there is No shipment and I just called and the fellow says" Yeah, we had some stock number issues and are short -handed but we're working on it".
SERIOUSLY ?????
So, had I not called , I would just be sitting here wondering. I should know better as this is the third time but can ASSURE THIS IS THE LAST time I order ANYTHING from them. Ive had similar issue with fish why I STOPPED ordering fish and after 14 years, They've lost a customer PERMANENTLY and I have now blocked ALL their emails.
As stated by a few at MACNA, they truly have failed and dont belong in this industry - Cant even fulfill a food order SMH

SMH.gif

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My last 2 coral orders were complete losses and I ended up with a store credit ( 1/4 of the actual $ spent).
I ordered frozen food, thinking they couldn't mess that up. But they did. Took 2 attempts to get the food to me as frozen food. Not liquid.
I was done with them last year

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been sad to see what was at one point one of the best companies in the biz slide to where they are now. I used to get things from them (mostly divers den) but I honestly wouldn't now. The quality of the livestock I recieved the last 2 times (which was over a year ago now) was atrocious. I would've never sold fish to someone in the condition that I recieved them. It's like they go straight out of the import box and into the order anymore.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reluctant but did a frozen order with LA last Tuesday. I asked no ship until Monday due to holiday. Its Tuesday and they not only charged my bank card as I used a gift certificate and I have yet to see my card credited back but there is No shipment and I just called and the fellow says" Yeah, we had some stock number issues and are short -handed but we're working on it".
SERIOUSLY ?????
So, had I not called , I would just be sitting here wondering. I should know better as this is the third time but can ASSURE THIS IS THE LAST time I order ANYTHING from them. Ive had similar issue with fish why I STOPPED ordering fish and after 14 years, They've lost a customer PERMANENTLY and I have now blocked ALL their emails.
As stated by a few at MACNA, they truly have failed and dont belong in this industry - Cant even fulfill a food order SMH

SMH.gif
Had similar on my first order back in March except with fish.
Ordered 5
Heard nothing for 2 weeks
Told they had sticking and staffing issues as well
Finally got 2 fish
One dead the other dying

On the other hand I got one fish from divers den and they were excellent but I think that’s just the Wisconsin facility.

BlueFynn_Ian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing but issues with them this past year, I'm sure the world's issues are affecting them as well but that is no excuse for a lot of the things that they've been doing.

Items missing from orders but show up on the pack list.
Getting charged for items that are "in stock" only to say they have no idea where they are.
Fish showing up in horrible condition, not just from stressful shipping.
Goes on and on.

Used to swear by them. But not anymore.

noobreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish I ordered from live aquaria have died or never been shipped. They are super convenient for ordering because of their variety and price, but it is hard for me to continue ordering from them because of my past experiences.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So Vetteguy,

You posted a bad review on July 22nd on Liveaquaria. You know the definition of insanity, right? To order again from a previous place, only to expect different results. Sounds self inflicted.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Vetteguy,

You posted a bad review on July 22nd on Liveaquaria. You know the definition of insanity, right? To order again from a previous place, only to expect different results. Sounds self inflicted.
Can't blame a once loyal customer for trying with hope that the vendor gets their pants on properly, this time.

fail black thumb GIF by Studio Flox

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So Vetteguy,

You do realize I gave them 6 months to improve and as you can see , Yes I had issues with Fish orders- THIS IS FROZEN FOOD- How do you screw up a frozen order and FY_- I had a gift certificate to use before it expires soon, only reason I did the order
What does it have to do with sanity SMH

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can't blame a once loyal customer for trying with hope that the vendor gets their pants on properly, this time.

fail black thumb GIF by Studio Flox
Exactly especially since this is a food order- I thought, this cant get screwed up. I only ordered as I had a gift certificate to use before expiration

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back