Its been 5 yrs, but Im back.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryno317
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryno317

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
15
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Not necessarily new to reefing, but its been awhile and things have come along way.

Im repeating history, I started out with a 36 Bow with a hob overflow down to a diy 10g sump. Eventually moved up to an Oceanic 110 for few years til I took a break. Now Im back with a 36 Bow again, no sump this time, just running 2 Aquaclear hobs.

My question is lighting. Im using some 2 point of sale clip on blue/white leds that i got in a bargain buy from someone else getting out. Good for now, but the one is dying.(think it got dunked once) So I have a lead on a great deal for a full spec dimmable black box. Is one good enough to cover my tank, it's only 30" wide or do I need 2 to cover it?
 
welcome26.png
 
Welcome to R2R and welcome back to the hobby! Others will jump in soon with answers to your lighting questions - we're glad you're here!
 
Welcome

Check out the aquarium lighting section for all u coild ever want to know. If mounted highish, cinventional wisdom says athat 150 w light woild prob work for mixed reef, but I'm no expert.

spockwelcome.jpg
 
Welcome! I run 4 black boxes over my 125. I personally would go with 2 for better coverage depending on what corals you want to keep. One should be fine for most softies and LPS. Glad to have you with us!
 
Welcome back!!! I used to use Ocean Revives on my 125 and grew SPS with no problems!! I’m guessing those are considered black box because of the price tag for LEDs. Suckers are pretty bright as well!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new