OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So some pictures, because I don't know how to communicate.

Acan has a lot of buddlings. I need to move it to a more open spot.
acan-buds.jpg
Green stripes on blasto becoming more visible blasto.jpg
A chiton cleaning the sand.
chiton.jpg

I need to remove the coraline from my zombie goni.

goni-recovery.jpg
WHY IN THE WORLD did this not getting eaten by the fox? My least favorite zoa,
purple-monsters.jpg
Who she did eat, tons of utter chaos.
zoas-left.jpg

Bounce.
stuff.jpg

I dont know how I feel about this color.
bta.jpg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some pictures, because I don't know how to communicate.

Acan has a lot of buddlings. I need to move it to a more open spot.
acan-buds.jpg
Green stripes on blasto becoming more visible blasto.jpg
A chiton cleaning the sand.
chiton.jpg

I need to remove the coraline from my zombie goni.

goni-recovery.jpg
WHY IN THE WORLD did this not getting eaten by the fox? My least favorite zoa,
purple-monsters.jpg
Who she did eat, tons of utter chaos.
zoas-left.jpg

Bounce.
stuff.jpg

I dont know how I feel about this color.
bta.jpg
Love the color on that BTA! Are those purple monsters?

Is that shroom actually a bounce? Or is it a “bounce style”?

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the color on that BTA! Are those purple monsters?

Is that shroom actually a bounce? Or is it a “bounce style”?
Purple monsters yes, Immortal.
Yes, it is a bounce. The color is hard to pick up on camera, but the bounce bubbles are there.

That bta, is going through a bright orange color morph now. I wonder what it will look like after it acclimates to the lights. Going to try to get him to 250 par.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for delays, today has been a busy day (some work, some play...)
@Soren, the fox face still doing good?
Yes, she is doing great and seems quite happy to finally have tank mates! More on this later, including pictures/videos, but here is at least one picture for now of the foxface and tank mates (except the Tomini that was hiding on the other side of the tank) in my 2nd quarantine:
IMGP2312.JPG

Edit: you may note that she (the one-spot) seems a bit pale, but this is just because I left the light over my 1st quarantine for only indirect dim lighting in this 2nd quarantine while fish settled in to new arrangements. About 5 minutes before this picture, I switched the light over to this 2nd quarantine, so she is acting like it is morning.

She looked great in his qt system. She was trying to hide by the butterfly on the other side.
...Also waiting for him to post the pictures he took.
I verified through email that Charlie was okay with the pictures I took, so expect a picture-heavy update to my build thread soon!
I also have some quarantine updates to share. Once my post(s) are completed, I will link here so you can see as well. Hopefully the one picture above can tide you over for now...

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Yes, she is doing great and seems quite happy to finally have tank mates! More on this later, including pictures/videos, but here is at least one picture for now of the foxface and tank mates (except the Tomini that was hiding on the other side of the tank) in my 2nd quarantine:
IMGP2312.JPG

I verified through email that Charlie was okay with the pictures I took, so expect a picture-heavy update to my build thread soon!
I also have some quarantine updates to share. Once my post(s) are completed, I will link here so you can see as well. Hopefully the one picture above can tide you over for now...
She looks huge compared to those fiji! I was looking at current prices of foxfaces. I don't regret giving her up for what I asked. I am just happy she looks content in that pack. For now anyhow.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMGP2312.JPG

Edit: you may note that she (the one-spot) seems a bit pale, but this is just because I left the light over my 1st quarantine for only indirect dim lighting in this 2nd quarantine while fish settled in to new arrangements. About 5 minutes before this picture, I switched the light over to this 2nd quarantine, so she is acting like it is morning.

I feel like badgering AO store owner over the small rock of yuma he was selling. If he can prove those are gozillas, I may go visit next month to buy them. I doubt he can. I didn't see the mother.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She looks huge compared to those fiji! I was looking at current prices of foxfaces. I don't regret giving her up for what I asked. I am just happy she looks content in that pack. For now anyhow.
The size comparison is a bit of an illusion, since the largest Fiji foxface is only a tad shorter and not quite as fat as she (one-spot) is, but is angled head-on toward the camera in the picture. The Fiji that is side-on in this picture is the smallest one.

I am thrilled to have her and glad they seem to enjoy being in a pack in the quarantine. Once my stand is finished and tanks are set up, all will be separated except for the attempt at pairing 2 Fiji foxfaces.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMGP2312.JPG

That’s a cool mixture of fish! Are those smaller ones in the corner some sort of blenny?

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...also, I love how much better the pictures of my quarantine (not hospital) tank look with sand and rocks. These are just resin rocks except for the one small piece of live rock transferred from my FOWLR. My 1st quarantine can become a hospital tank immediately if necessary, since there are no calcareous rocks or sand in it. Resin rocks really add to the appearance while still being medication-safe (at least, I assume until I verify with questions on the forum).

That’s a cool mixture of fish! Are those smaller ones in the corner some sort of blenny?
Well, yes/no/not sure, since they are engineer/convict blennies/gobies, but are actually in a category of their own (Pholidichthys leucotaenia). I typically call them engineer gobies. They grow to be 6-8 inches commonly in aquariums and are reported up to 12 inches long in the wild.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with the Blue Ribbon so I can't say for sure. My experience was based on the fact that they are heavy eaters and as such waste is PLENTY. Water changes were frequent and nitrate was up there non the less. I regretted the purchase and it had much to do with the demise of my corals. I would add an eel to a fish only setup in a heart beat. Not a reef tank. Just my .02

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back