It's just a tank

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface has gone to her new home. I hope she is well. I did make a nice buy from AO while I was there. Didn't snag no pics. @Soren was all over the place with a real camera. My son was bouncing around and his dad was keeping watch.

I got a nice little rock with a red shroom, a bounce mushroom and predator zoas. At least I was told that is what they are. The bounce is to theright of the red shroom. Both are under the size of a dime. I am very happy with the store. But man, he was busy today! No actual prices were on the tanks. I didn't want to have to ask 100x "what does this cost?" he has better prices than the live sales. Only issue is, we spent more on gas than we would on shipping. BUT the price tags are probably worth it.
new-stuff.jpg
I'm glad if your trip was worth it! Thanks for the foxface, she is doing well (though she will probably be happier once I add a few more fish to the observational sand-bottom quarantine from my bare hospital quarantine). Right now, she just paces the side of the tank next to the other quarantine tank with several fish.
1635779474959.jpeg

I did pick up a 1.5" Tomini tang at Aquarium Obsessions on Saturday after the owner dealt with the large number of customers and the flood from forgetting to stop waterflow in the loft. It seems to be doing fine, but it hides whenever I am visible in the room, so pictures/videos are difficult.
IMGP2260.JPG

I did get a bunch of pictures at AO and a few videos, but the owner questioned me about them since he apparently does not allow pictures to be taken unless I get specific permission (I did ask just a couple weeks ago, so I assumed it was fine, but apparently not).
I may share some pictures later.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm glad if your trip was worth it! Thanks for the foxface, she is doing well (though she will probably be happier once I add a few more fish to the observational sand-bottom quarantine from my bare hospital quarantine). Right now, she just paces the side of the tank next to the other quarantine tank with several fish.
1635779474959.jpeg

I did pick up a 1.5" Tomini tang at Aquarium Obsessions on Saturday after the owner dealt with the large number of customers and the flood from forgetting to stop waterflow in the loft. It seems to be doing fine, but it hides whenever I am visible in the room, so pictures/videos are difficult.
IMGP2260.JPG

I did get a bunch of pictures at AO and a few videos, but the owner questioned me about them since he apparently does not allow pictures to be taken unless I get specific permission (I did ask just a couple weeks ago, so I assumed it was fine, but apparently not).
I may share some pictures later.
Everything about the foxface sounds like her. She needs protection from everything. Only brave if she has a meat shield nearby.

Husband didn't mind the trip. My son had fun running around looking at everything. Sadly, I probably wont be going back to AO. I don't think he knows what half the things are he is and isn't selling. It was pretty bad not seeing price stickers. The whole "ask me" for price is frustrating on my part. I think the fish are priced though.

The corals, not so much. He just gives you a price and that is it. Over half the items I asked about he told me "that's not for sale." Nice shop. My husband basically said he has a shop to fund his hobby. It's fine. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just come on man. Put up some price tags! I would like to build a list mentally to fit my budget.

It was so chaotic in there I found a rock, got a price and was like "you know what, just bag it I don't want to leave empty handed."

brode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really embarrassing. The Orbit IC does not spread right. Way too much shadowing. I am bitter
slime00.jpg
slime01.jpg
I started out with them on my FOWLR and did fine but no where near enough PAR for LPS or SPS. It the water line 10” below the light I’m just getting 130 PAR full blast.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started out with them on my FOWLR and did fine but no where near enough PAR for LPS or SPS. It the water line 10” below the light I’m just getting 130 PAR full blast.
Yup, orbit marine IC is garbage. The price is too high for such little output. I did get some upgrades. Pictures soon.

My urchin loves to keep my busy!

edit: Seneye just updated my firmware. Will be running par numbers again later sometime this week. Or tonight. I don't know just yet.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything about the foxface sounds like her. She needs protection from everything. Only brave if she has a meat shield nearby.

Husband didn't mind the trip. My son had fun running around looking at everything. Sadly, I probably wont be going back to AO. I don't think he knows what half the things are he is and isn't selling. It was pretty bad not seeing price stickers. The whole "ask me" for price is frustrating on my part. I think the fish are priced though.

The corals, not so much. He just gives you a price and that is it. Over half the items I asked about he told me "that's not for sale." Nice shop. My husband basically said he has a shop to fund his hobby. It's fine. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just come on man. Put up some price tags! I would like to build a list mentally to fit my budget.

It was so chaotic in there I found a rock, got a price and was like "you know what, just bag it I don't want to leave empty handed."
The chaos is not typical from my past experiences. He got an overload of customers while trying to run the shop alone and forgot he left water running which caused an emergency flood... but I don't disagree generally with your assessment. I mostly have good things to say about the shop, but I do completely agree that improvements toward customer relations are needed, particularly easier ways to allow us to know what is for sale and what is not while also knowing prices.

I've never before seen the shop that busy and chaotic, and I've also never been there when Charlie was the only shopkeeper there. There has always been someone else around doing maintenance so that Charlie could focus on the customers. It is too bad that it is hard to find good help, but it is also not the customers' fault.

He used to have the frag table in the side room full of frags sorted by price category, such as $15, $25, $50, $75. This made it easy to make the mental list you mentioned and nearly every customer would like to be able to build.

I also agree that it seems more like a hobby-funding shop than a professional storefront, though Charlie has said that he is focusing on improving the store image. I'll see how that actually plays out.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sure it would have been more pleasant without the current situation at hand. I may visit again another time down there road. My husband told me we have no spare tire for the car should be get a flat... So, we need to prepare for that now.

AND NOW the big update... The foxface is relentless. I did not see the damage she did while the palythoa were covered. Dead lord...

fox-revenge.jpg
The bta is recovering and looking good.
BTA.jpg
The head on the left is over an inch. Big head blastos! Green stripes are not very visible, I hope they become more evident.
blasto.jpg
My birdnest frags.
bn01.jpg
bn2.jpg
The gold hammer
gold-hammer.jpg
My green goni who has been with me for over a year.
gonio001.jpg

The octospawn
octosp.jpg
Zombie goni. She's returning to life!! No, the aussie torch cannot reach. Flow will also not direct the tentacles to her.
returning-goni.jpg
I would need help to hold a measure stick by the trachy. This girl has gotten HUGE!
trachyphyllia.jpg
blasto.jpg
blasto.jpg

Monti cap

Attachments

• monti-cap.jpg
    monti-cap.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 21

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i think the "not for sale" and the "not pricing" ,has a lot to do with what he paid for them,and what he will have to pay to replace them on next shipment. very iffy rt now ,on availability and pricing .
just like going to store ,crap that's a dollar more than last week...:(:)

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could very well be. Things are chaotic right now. I am just more upset, I wanted the yuma he had. But how can I trust they are godzilla? No mother colony with them either. The paly he sold me are not predators like he claimed. It's not about price, it's about integrity. I don't want to buy an orange yuma assuming its going to be something it is not.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
from what i've seen in 30 yrs ,he is not seeing "names" with wholesale ,will be" green polyp" "sps x " "rhodactis mush red" not the designer names.
big difference if selling as designer name,and not 100% sure.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
from what i've seen in 30 yrs ,he is not seeing "names" with wholesale ,will be" green polyp" "sps x " "rhodactis mush red" not the designer names.
big difference if selling as designer name,and not 100% sure.
He was asking designer prices. I seen some godzilla's on r2r for sale. They didn't look like that. Just orange yuma. And for 500 I will pass.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Think I would hard pass any ricordea costing 500 bucks!
It's pretty insane.

I think once I can get my bta used to 50% light power, I can finally get some more acropora. I still want a solar flare, or a yoda thing... I forget the name...

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, for my seneye, firmware was updated from 4.06 to 4.0.8. This was to correct the readings from the seneye.

I could ssave manual readings. I thought I would show the surface water par reading 8 inches from the light. You can see that on the top portion there.

BB = back bottom. GHT = gold hammer tip. HlH is highligher hammer. The rest should be self explanatory. This is all under sps settings.
readings.jpg

have a good night. This was quicker than typing numbers on a full tank shot.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure it would have been more pleasant without the current situation at hand. I may visit again another time down there road. My husband told me we have no spare tire for the car should be get a flat... So, we need to prepare for that now.

AND NOW the big update... The foxface is relentless. I did not see the damage she did while the palythoa were covered. Dead lord...

fox-revenge.jpg
The bta is recovering and looking good.
BTA.jpg
The head on the left is over an inch. Big head blastos! Green stripes are not very visible, I hope they become more evident.
blasto.jpg
My birdnest frags.
bn01.jpg
bn2.jpg
The gold hammer
gold-hammer.jpg
My green goni who has been with me for over a year.
gonio001.jpg

The octospawn
octosp.jpg
Zombie goni. She's returning to life!! No, the aussie torch cannot reach. Flow will also not direct the tentacles to her.
returning-goni.jpg
I would need help to hold a measure stick by the trachy. This girl has gotten HUGE!
trachyphyllia.jpg
blasto.jpg
blasto.jpg

Monti cap
I must be plain stupid, but I thought blasto’s were like Favias - hard around the edges, and then a soft mouth. But they are LPS!? :oops:;Bucktooth;Facepalm;Facepalm

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be plain stupid, but I thought blasto’s were like Favias - hard around the edges, and then a soft mouth. But they are LPS!? :oops:;Bucktooth;Facepalm;Facepalm
They are both LPS haha ! And yes blasto are fleshy polyps..

After cleaning my tank my candy canes fell off the puddy I put it on now it’s on sand bed untill I get more super glue

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both LPS haha ! And yes blasto are fleshy polyps..

After cleaning my tank my candy canes fell off the puddy I put it on now it’s on sand bed untill I get more super glue
That’s wild I never knew that! I’ll see if Joe will have any in his sale. Might have to get me some. :D

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back