Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that the micro?

That’s crazy! That gold is beautiful.
The micro is in the front. 3 heads left. it is showing some promise on being happy again.
The gold is no micro colony. 1 head is HUGE. I need to put measure the crowns.
I am down to 35 utter chaos polyps. If the others don't die. I have been dipping in iodine for 15 minutes per day. They are clinging on to dear life. We'll see how many survive the fox onslaught.

Edit: for the gold hammer polyp extension is 2 and a half inches.
the micro colony per head is around 1 inch extended.

The POTO highlighter hammer is 3 and a half. No sign of splitting, I hope not a wall hammer.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy has some nice elegance colonies and hammers and torches as well.
I am a sucker for hammers. I have to go see them! But, I keep away from walled colonies.
hammers.jpg
Hey! Stay away from those hammers! I have dibs on the hammers, I'm just not ready for corals yet! :p
Just kidding, of course, but I have definite plans to include hammers in my reef, and AO is a likely spot for me to get them. I really like some of the color options Charlie has, especially since I can view them in person before purchase.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Stay away from those hammers! I have dibs on the hammers, I'm just not ready for corals yet! :p
Just kidding, of course, but I have definite plans to include hammers in my reef, and AO is a likely spot for me to get them. I really like some of the color options Charlie has, especially since I can view them in person before purchase.
The micro is in the front. 3 heads left. it is showing some promise on being happy again.
The gold is no micro colony. 1 head is HUGE. I need to put measure the crowns.
I am down to 35 utter chaos polyps. If the others don't die. I have been dipping in iodine for 15 minutes per day. They are clinging on to dear life. We'll see how many survive the fox onslaught.

Edit: for the gold hammer polyp extension is 2 and a half inches.
the micro colony per head is around 1 inch extended.

The POTO highlighter hammer is 3 and a half. No sign of splitting, I hope not a wall hammer.
All this talk about hammers is making me jumpy to buy more

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they are branching... OMG I wont know what to do!
All this talk about hammers is making me jumpy to buy more
They are as amazing as torches. I don't care what anyone says. They can extend very nicely, flow just as nice and be just as beautiful!

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are branching... OMG I wont know what to do!

They are as amazing as torches. I don't care what anyone says. They can extend very nicely, flow just as nice and be just as beautiful!
I like hammers better than torches, which is nice for the price when it is contrary to popular opinion.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like hammers better than torches, which is nice for the price when it is contrary to popular opinion.
For the hammers in the picture she posted? Of course!!

I really think it all depends on the coloration, health, and size of the torch/hammer that is the deciding factor for me. If a hammer has 3x heads and is super vibrant and healthy, I would much rather get that over a not so good looking single headed dragon soul.

(Of course I only have 1 micro hammer and 1 torch, so who am I to talk, lol)

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Foxface has gone to her new home. I hope she is well. I did make a nice buy from AO while I was there. Didn't snag no pics. @Soren was all over the place with a real camera. My son was bouncing around and his dad was keeping watch.

I got a nice little rock with a red shroom, a bounce mushroom and predator zoas. At least I was told that is what they are. The bounce is to theright of the red shroom. Both are under the size of a dime. I am very happy with the store. But man, he was busy today! No actual prices were on the tanks. I didn't want to have to ask 100x "what does this cost?" he has better prices than the live sales. Only issue is, we spent more on gas than we would on shipping. BUT the price tags are probably worth it.
new-stuff.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did that. I am really hoping they make a recovery. Most of what are revealed have no skirts. :(
they will grow back... ;)

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
they will grow back... ;)
a lot of them were overwhelemed by infection. Some stubs left. I have dipped them in iodine and peroxide baths once at 15 minutes per dip, for 5 days now. It looks to have stopped. Some I think are just done. Further pics tomorrow. She even ate a few skirts of my magician palys.

I haven't seen any updates from soren, hope they are both okay.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of them were overwhelemed by infection. Some stubs left. I have dipped them in iodine and peroxide baths once at 15 minutes per dip, for 5 days now. It looks to have stopped. Some I think are just done. Further pics tomorrow. She even ate a few skirts of my magician palys.

I haven't seen any updates from soren, hope they are both okay.
Ummm the more I read about your foxface,the more I'm put off on getting it as my last fish or maybe 2nd last as now wanting another wrasse lol and my latest zoas are magician zoas lol but I've already got a bi colour blennie,coral beauty and copperband which all 3 have been known to have a little nibble at corals lol so I guess I've already thrown the dice ha ha
We shall see in next week or so.and if fish becomes problem can always rehome ( maybe rehome these 2 cleaner shrimp as becoming a pain feeding my lps with a bottle over ,especially on rocks pffft) they look cool and possibly have a job with the other fish but are such a pain stealing food even though give them lots first ha ha

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ummm the more I read about your foxface,the more I'm put off on getting it as my last fish or maybe 2nd last as now wanting another wrasse lol and my latest zoas are magician zoas lol but I've already got a bi colour blennie,coral beauty and copperband which all 3 have been known to have a little nibble at corals lol so I guess I've already thrown the dice ha ha
We shall see in next week or so.and if fish becomes problem can always rehome ( maybe rehome these 2 cleaner shrimp as becoming a pain feeding my lps with a bottle over ,especially on rocks pffft) they look cool and possibly have a job with the other fish but are such a pain stealing food even though give them lots first ha ha
I love skunk shrimp. But don't miss how they steal food from corals. I keep thinking about my bta. He would make for an easy target for them.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love skunk shrimp. But don't miss how they steal food from corals. I keep thinking about my bta. He would make for an easy target for them.
I used to have a scarlet skunk, but he died for no reason. :(

If I do ever get any more shrimp, they will probably be peppermint or sexy shrimp.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back