J Rog's 120 tech tank

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that really stinks. I've been there, so has most of everyone else. But once you get past that point, things are generally smooth sailing.

As for the Phoenix, I love them. I'm running 2 x 150x right now and it has a great color. I'm also thinking about putting some LED supplementation on it, but haven't decided yet.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one ReefBrite might not cover the whole tank. for my tank, I plan on adding the ReefBrite strip in the middle, in between Blue Special & Fiji Purple.

again, sorry for the losses and I'm sure you'll bounce back from this. I had the same issue happen to me in 2009. lost a really nice male Rhomboid, awesome male HI flame that always flashed his ladies, Helfrich's, a pair of Snowcasso's, and a few other fishes. :( :(

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eww...losing a rhomboid and a flame has to break the heart. Glad you rebounded nicely, as will the OP.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one ReefBrite might not cover the whole tank. for my tank, I plan on adding the ReefBrite strip in the middle, in between Blue Special & Fiji Purple.

again, sorry for the losses and I'm sure you'll bounce back from this. I had the same issue happen to me in 2009. lost a really nice male Rhomboid, awesome male HI flame that always flashed his ladies, Helfrich's, a pair of Snowcasso's, and a few other fishes. :( :(

Ya, Im going fishless for 7 weeks to make sure all the ich has died in the tank. But as far as the light i wish I could put the LED strip in the middle but with my fixture i can't or it will be blocking the MH's and im sure would melt the strip...lol So i have to find a way to drill the LED srip on the edge.. So you think I should go with 2 strips? I was hoping to get away with one as i heard they spread the light great.. With 2 I will have to have some more time to save money and can't buy any new pieces of coral anytime soon.. lol

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, Im going fishless for 7 weeks to make sure all the ich has died in the tank. But as far as the light i wish I could put the LED strip in the middle but with my fixture i can't or it will be blocking the MH's and im sure would melt the strip...lol So i have to find a way to drill the LED srip on the edge.. So you think I should go with 2 strips? I was hoping to get away with one as i heard they spread the light great.. With 2 I will have to have some more time to save money and can't buy any new pieces of coral anytime soon.. lol
sometimes, it's better to get equipment first. that's actually what I'll be doing in the next few weeks. I'm grounded on getting corals (except on trade, LoL) or fishes. strictly equipment first to improve how the tank and corals look. :bigsmile:

you can always just try out one in the front and see how you like it. it might just fine with just the one. :)

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes, it's better to get equipment first. that's actually what I'll be doing in the next few weeks. I'm grounded on getting corals (except on trade, LoL) or fishes. strictly equipment first to improve how the tank and corals look. :bigsmile:

you can always just try out one in the front and see how you like it. it might just fine with just the one. :)

Ya, i might just try one first. Do you know if one of the sponsers on here sell them?

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, no wastin time.. I just ordered 2 reefbrights from Premium Aquatics. I was a little suprised that they didn't give dicounts to us reef2reef members.. But it is what it is. I have been thinking about adding LED's since i got the new tank set up and remembered i have some extra funds coming my way that I almost forogt about. 1smile1

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, I was going to say get the two of them as more is better in most cases.

Post up some before and after pic's too!

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, no wastin time.. I just ordered 2 reefbrights from Premium Aquatics. I was a little suprised that they didn't give dicounts to us reef2reef members.. But it is what it is. I have been thinking about adding LED's since i got the new tank set up and remembered i have some extra funds coming my way that I almost forogt about. 1smile1

The reefbrights are amazing, they offer 5 percent off if you just text them and do there phone thinfg.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefbrights are amazing, they offer 5 percent off if you just text them and do there phone thinfg.

Really? I asked the guy on the phone and he said "we don't have anything like that set up"... What do I need to text? And to what number??

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I was just relaxin checking out how my zoas are looking. Right now I have them down on my sand bed. I see one of the zoas close up. I looked carefully at it and i see this little worm type thing on the plug.. Then i start looking at the others and they have the same looking worm on them to. They are all in the same area. Then i noticed that all the worm looking thing are coming from underneath a pice of LR. It was a small piece and nothing is on it. So i lifted up the LR where the worms looked like they were coming from.. So i pick it up and turn the rock over to see this HUGE worm and all the little "worms" i was seeing on my zoas was this things tenticals or its mouths or something.. I haven't had much luck with zoas over the past couple of months.. I now know why. I really wish I took a pic of it but the thing was soo ugly i had to trash ASAP.. lol After i did i kicked my self because I didn't get a pic to show everyone here.. Does anyone know what this worm is?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I was just relaxin checking out how my zoas are looking. Right now I have them down on my sand bed. I see one of the zoas close up. I looked carefully at it and i see this little worm type thing on the plug.. Then i start looking at the others and they have the same looking worm on them to. They are all in the same area. Then i noticed that all the worm looking thing are coming from underneath a pice of LR. It was a small piece and nothing is on it. So i lifted up the LR where the worms looked like they were coming from.. So i pick it up and turn the rock over to see this HUGE worm and all the little "worms" i was seeing on my zoas was this things tenticals or its mouths or something.. I haven't had much luck with zoas over the past couple of months.. I now know why. I really wish I took a pic of it but the thing was soo ugly i had to trash ASAP.. lol After i did i kicked my self because I didn't get a pic to show everyone here.. Does anyone know what this worm is?
Eunicid worm?

eunicid worm - Google Search

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I asked the guy on the phone and he said "we don't have anything like that set up"... What do I need to text? And to what number??

Go to there home pack and the banner that changes get the number off there and sign up for there text club. you get a text for 5% off.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from WWC and picked up some really cool frags!! I got there John dod's tri color acro and a Piggy Pink Watermelon chalice. Sweet pieces! They are acclimating now. I will post pics when they settle in. I have also been holding out on pics lately because I want to use a good camera and not just my iphone.. I will borrow my buddies cam and get a bunch of pics ASAP

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good im digging that stand what color did you use to stain it? It has a rugged look to it i like it. The tank is coming along pretty well too nice coral selection. I dig that powder blue i really wish i never would ahve lost mine. be careful as they are susceptible to ich.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back