OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on flame wrasse. He is here! I got him thurs. He seems to be out of super shy mode and is coming out of the cave he has been in since i put him in on thurs.
20130124_095840_resized.jpg
20130124_100033_resized.jpg
20130124_103105_resized.jpg
20130128_130048_resized.jpg

budissy24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that fish looks amazing and good call with the smaller fish, thats all I have in my 55 and they are great to watch so much more character then big tangs

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that fish looks amazing and good call with the smaller fish, thats all I have in my 55 and they are great to watch so much more character then big tangs

I agree. When I can upgrade I will get tangs.. :roll:

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome wrasse! 1smile1

Thanks Marvin! Im a little worried though. He has a little white spot on the side of his head.. Not sure, but im hoping it might have been a little cut that is healing up. You can see it in the pic. Any idea on what it is?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin! Im a little worried though. He has a little white spot on the side of his head.. Not sure, but im hoping it might have been a little cut that is healing up. You can see it in the pic. Any idea on what it is?
can't really tell from the pic what it is. might just be a scratch mark. how's he doing now?

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't really tell from the pic what it is. might just be a scratch mark. how's he doing now?

Im going to have to see tonight. I have been out of town since fri. On a plane on heading home. But when i left i didnt see him getting better or worse.. Im hoping it was just a scratch...

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on the flame wrasse. i guess the white mark was just a cut. It seems to be healing up nicley :clap2:

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, Flame wrasse looks to be about 95% healed up from a cut on his head which is awesome! I was pretty worried about that.
In other news I have a bad problem with blue clove polyps.. I was dumb enough to add a frag of it over a year ago and not it is covering about 85% of my rock.. :cry: So with a little reseach I found that fluk tabs will get ride of them. But you have to be careful because it can take out inverts and snails. I also have a nice huge chunk of GSP that i keep confined to its own little rock so it too does not take over. I trim it once a month so it doesn't reach the main rock structure. Anyway, the tabs will take out the GPS as well. The tabs will take out BCP, GSP, Leathers, and i also saw someone having a problem with coco worms. I took my GPS, coco worm, and Leather and moved it to my biocube for the time being. Im selling the leather to a friend of mine anyway. I just hope after treatment with a fresh water change and carbon I can add my coco worm and GSP back in the tank with out causing issues to them.. I was unable to catch my cleaner shrimp to get him out.. Chances are very slim of him making it out of this treatment alive.. I added the tab last night. I turned off my skimmer and GFO/carbon reactor and will remain off for 4 days.. This is scary!! lol

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Night 2 after fluke tab dose. Every thing seems just fine. Everything except my blue clove polyps!! They look like they are hurting. Finally going to get ride of these buggers! None of my other corals seem to be affected at all as of now. So that is very good :) I will update tomorrow

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my tangs! So I had 4 massive tangs in my tank. I was able to get my hippo out 2 weeks ago and sold him to a local. I was able to catch my naso yesterday and my purple tang this morning. I brought them over to WWC for store credit and they already have what i want. Im just waiting to get my sailfin tang out. He does not seem to be going into the fish trap to get algae like the others... He is going to be a hard one to get..

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with getting the sailfin out. What do you plan on adding?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back