5EF11B8A-EE39-4A1E-8A70-D7C607EDA170.jpeg

Yes sir!

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff is probably the most accommodating builder I've ever talked to. Literally responds to everyone and every question. I wish he'd make a channel here.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing I didn't notice until the post mentioning temps, ever since I switched from my sicce AC to the jebao DC, the tank temps stopped creeping up when the lights are on.

Its actually been dead stable in my display ever since at 78.03

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao are best pumps on market, always run two return pumps no matter what brand. I am running 3 dcp 8000 for 3 years no issue. You want the dcp version. They move way more water than any competitor, handle high pressure applications very well, the only true completely silent pump, zero noise.
Can I use 2 pumps on one return line?

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing you wpuld either lose efficiency and need both on, OR some sort of valve to do so to stop the pressure from one pump pushing it down on the other.

I would also lile the answer to this because I would like to run dual pumps and only have one return

bobbravo2

Bob from Boston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am guessing you wpuld either lose efficiency and need both on, OR some sort of valve to do so to stop the pressure from one pump pushing it down on the other.

I would also lile the answer to this because I would like to run dual pumps and only have one return
Ideally each pump would have its own full return line if you’re looking for redundancy. This is also my plan for my next tank.

if you only have 1 return, and can’t add another, you’d want to have two check valves (which will require maintenance) before merging to 1 return line

Diagram
pump > check >
——————- | tee > return
pump > check >

Overall - I would not generally recommend this approach. Exceptions might be a basement sump, where you have 20+ feet of head pressure to overcome, in addition to needing redundancy.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP do you have time of use for your electricity? Are you on a tier? Ca. can get really pricey for electricity. I like using a hot AC pump in the winter, free heat. Unfortunately I ruined my Eheim 1262 I did not put in the rubber grommet in the pump and I ruined it.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP do you have time of use for your electricity? Are you on a tier? Ca. can get really pricey for electricity. I like using a hot AC pump in the winter, free heat. Unfortunately I ruined my Eheim 1262 I did not put in the rubber grommet in the pump and I ruined it.
I actually just got the Jaebos and tank isn’t set up yet but I plan on using two DCP6500s for returns and two DCP8000s for the custom skimmer. I live in California also so wattage was a big motivator to go DC.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^ Having the ability to lower the pump speed between 4 pm and 9 pm might help with elec. bill. It is something I want to do with my new Apex.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back