Jaebo pumps

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate all the feedback from everyone sounds like I’m making the right choice with the jaebo pumps.
I went into it hesitant but I was sold on them. Time will tell. At the price point vs the more expensive options, even if it doesn’t work out it’s really still worth a try.

there’s always the pump/heater that is the Mag

Coach v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the DCP for the 1 percent increments as well. The sdk wifi models also will control at 1 percent increments. I love the jebao pumps, they do the job for a good price. Only downside that's inherent with all DC pumps is that head numbers can be misleading.
Care to expand on that? I have read dc pumps head pressure decreases over time, but you know what they say about what you read on the internet!

I have a basement sump, currently running mag18 on a manifold. I want to use dpc2000. Curious how it compares to mag18?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to expand on that? I have read dc pumps head pressure decreases over time, but you know what they say about what you read on the internet!

I have a basement sump, currently running mag18 on a manifold. I want to use dpc2000. Curious how it compares to mag18?
IME the DC pumps will loose some head pressure due to wear and tear combined with the pumps becoming dirty. Also specified numbers especially with the jebao can be a bit vague. That issue is usually remediated with using the right diameter piping for the job, which imo is 1" for most high(er) head applications. I suggest like most to just oversize the pump a bit for compensation.

The DCP 20000 will do the job with excess capacity any day over the mag 18 with less power consumption overall.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m sold on running the Jaebo pumps however I’ve been reading post about people stating that DC pumps don’t run very well with restricted flow? So my question is my return plumbing is 3/4” and almost all the jaebo model pumps are at least 1” plumbing. So I’m pretty much forced to run an adapter to connect the pumps to my tank but if I do that is it really that bad? Like how much flow am I actually losing? Will it damage the pumps? Just looking for clarification I’ve never dealt with this I’ve always used mag drive pumps with 3/4” threads so I’m a little perplexed how to proceed??

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the DCP for the 1 percent increments as well. The sdk wifi models also will control at 1 percent increments. I love the jebao pumps, they do the job for a good price. Only downside that's inherent with all DC pumps is that head numbers can be misleading.
My wifi jebao dc return pump lets me adjust in 1% incriments.

Also can set a floe schedule, but after trying different speeds throughout the day, i kind of prefer 1 single speed

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of DCP-3500 pumps running my returns. All they've needed in three years of continuous operation is the same routine cleaning as any other impeller driven pump.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they’re decent pumps and I’m aware of the features. What I’m worried about is it going to be a problem having to reduce the plumbing from 1” or 1.25” from the pumps to 3/4” for my returns ?

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m sold on running the Jaebo pumps however I’ve been reading post about people stating that DC pumps don’t run very well with restricted flow? So my question is my return plumbing is 3/4” and almost all the jaebo model pumps are at least 1” plumbing. So I’m pretty much forced to run an adapter to connect the pumps to my tank but if I do that is it really that bad? Like how much flow am I actually losing? Will it damage the pumps? Just looking for clarification I’ve never dealt with this I’ve always used mag drive pumps with 3/4” threads so I’m a little perplexed how to proceed??

I’m using a DCT-12000 with reducing the output from 1.5” to 1” return plumbing and have had no issues with the pump.
I am however running at just under half the maximum output.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a DCT-12000 with reducing the output from 1.5” to 1” return plumbing and have had no issues with the pump.
I am however running at just under half the maximum output.
Ok that’s good to hear thank you!

Coach v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wifi jebao dc return pump lets me adjust in 1% incriments.

Also can set a floe schedule, but after trying different speeds throughout the day, i kind of prefer 1 single speed
What model pump do you have? Having a schedule programmed sounds like it may be a solution to my control problem

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WiFi on a return pump is pointless

Unpopular opinion incoming:

DC return pumps are also pointless.

You can buy a reputable name brand AC pump like a Sicce, Eheim, Tunze and the thing will last for 15+ years without concern and not cost very much either.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unpopular opinion incoming:

DC return pumps are also pointless.

You can buy a reputable name brand AC pump like a Sicce, Eheim, Tunze and the thing will last for 15+ years without concern and not cost very much either.
Mine is significantly lower electricity usage, doesn't matter where I am so much though, but my AC pump was half of my electrical usage per day on my tank, and I have T5s, will I notice it? No

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can create at least 4, not sure there is a limit, of start stop times for a setting. I had it step down from 75 to 55 to 45 then back up to 55 and cycle rest into 75%, but now I just run it at 100% as my sump flow was too low by my poor design.

I am actually going to program in extreme flow reduction to time with the auto feeder, but at the moment I like the constant high flow.

Screenshot_20230303_191821_Jebao Aqua.jpg Screenshot_20230303_191759_Jebao Aqua.jpg

Arp_148

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao are best pumps on market, always run two return pumps no matter what brand. I am running 3 dcp 8000 for 3 years no issue. You want the dcp version. They move way more water than any competitor, handle high pressure applications very well, the only true completely silent pump, zero noise.
Interesting Could you elaborate what you mean by high pressure?

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two DCP 8000s one for a return dialed down to 46% and the other running my lifereef skimmer. I switched from the mag that came with the skimmer and the Jebao is better so head pressure isn't a issue with mine. Oddly the only pump I ever had fail was a mag. I've used jeboas since with no issues. Using a DC pump makes tuning the siphon much easier due to the 1% increments.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two DCP 8000s one for a return dialed down to 46% and the other running my lifereef skimmer. I switched from the mag that came with the skimmer and the Jebao is better so head pressure isn't a issue with mine. Oddly the only pump I ever had fail was a mag. I've used jeboas since with no issues. Using a DC pump makes tuning the siphon much easier due to the 1% increments.
I’m debating on using two of the DCP 8000s to run my lifereef skimmer. Glad to hear most people are happy with them!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back