James’s 29g Nano Build

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a bright note, my yellow hammer has a bud! I wonder if it is receiving enough light. Since still attached to the parent, if that is enough?

I am about to ask james.... his split in a month or 2? ;Inpain
I’ve only had one split , and it happened right after I introduced to the tank lol split into 3 anemones probly due to stress. I’ve also had them reproduce just once before , doing a water change with warmer water

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to sell the car, the house, the dog, just to afford all of those!
The Weeknd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had one split , and it happened right after I introduced to the tank lol split into 3 anemones probly due to stress. I’ve also had them reproduce just once before , doing a water change with warmer water
My splits are doing well! Pics coming tomorrow. :D

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not very familiar yet with coral prices and do not remember coral prices at Aquarium Obsessions since I was not shopping for corals yet, but I think most compare to reasonable online prices. I think the torches were around $100-$150 for those at 8-10", but I don't remember for sure.
I could call (or you could, of course) to verify prices and availability if you wanted to know for sure.
Dang, I got really lucky with my new LFS, every single frag is $25. They don't have the most mind-blowing selection but they get interesting things in from time to time, and everything is only ever $25, which is darn nice.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I got really lucky with my new LFS, every single frag is $25. They don't have the most mind-blowing selection but they get interesting things in from time to time, and everything is only ever $25, which is darn nice.
Nice man! All the coral at my LFS is… lacking to say the least. He has some super big colonies for sale, but all of those are in the $150-$300 section. I used to love him $10 frags because they were pretty but simple, but he got rid of them.

I suspect it’s been hard for him to get new coral because of COVID and because I live inland.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My son is waking up too early. aquarium lights aren't on and I don't want to move. I have to make coffee and breakfast. My little son has learned how to flip light switches. I want to go back to sleep.

Yes, I get to go to AO next saturday. I hope to get some stuff. And not go broke while doing that.....

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son is waking up too early. aquarium lights aren't on and I don't want to move. I have to make coffee and breakfast. My little son has learned how to flip light switches. I want to go back to sleep.

Yes, I get to go to AO next saturday. I hope to get some stuff. And not go broke while doing that.....
When my nephew lived with me he would wake up at 4am and screech like a banshee. Couldn’t go back to sleep after …

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When my nephew lived with me he would wake up at 4am and screech like a banshee. Couldn’t go back to sleep after …
been there 3 times + 1. Helped my sister with all her kids. I should be used to this by now.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cmon you 2.. I better see some entries at least!

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cmon you 2.. I better see some entries at least!
I’m waiting for the POTO Black Friday sale… ;Troll

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I can’t handle this any more. As SOON as I’m done with school, I’m vacuuming/washing sand, readjusting the light, cleaning the glass, 5 gallon water change, and then I’m removing the black box. Seriously - it already has an SPS/LPS programmed into it. What am I doing??

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At this point I can’t handle this any more. As SOON as I’m done with school, I’m vacuuming/washing sand, readjusting the light, cleaning the glass, 5 gallon water change, and then I’m removing the black box. Seriously - it already has an SPS/LPS programmed into it. What am I doing??
Also, can you reach behind the light james? You should be able to loosen the screws without disassembly and gently lower the bar, retighten when you find the right height. ALSO, if this is possible. use that to your advantage and lower lights by 1 inch per week.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back