James’s 29g Nano

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2021
Messages
7,146
Reaction score
15,223
Location
Lawrenceburg, KY
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up R2R?

I did have a build thread, but it died super hard, so I’m making a new one!

Tank specs:

Tank: 29 gallon Aqueon
Light: Nicrew Marine LED
Filter: Seachem Tidal 35
Powerhead: Some cheapy off of Amazon
Heater: Interpet
RO/DI unit: RO Buddie

Decor:

Sand: CaribSea Alive, white
Dry rock: 26lb
Live rock: 3lb
Other: sea shells & artificial anemone

——

Here is the tank today:
9F1BE82F-670F-42DB-BB7C-DE01CC9C4A5A.jpeg

It only has about 10 gallons of water in there right now, but the RO Buddie it’s hard at work making more water!

I should get the tank scaped today.
 
You're definitely going to want some snails. Let the tank run for a month with nothing in it, ghost feed during this time.

Then start adding fish and cuc. And keep the lights off. Start running the lights a few hours a day after you add fish.

This way helps you avoid algae
 
You're definitely going to want some snails. Let the tank run for a month with nothing in it, ghost feed during this time.

Then start adding fish and cuc. And keep the lights off. Start running the lights a few hours a day after you add fish.

This way helps you avoid algae
I am using bottled bacteria, so cycling should take a lot less time. :)
 
It's not about the cycle, but getting the rock more mature.

Good luck with the aquascape!
 
Got it scaped! (Sort of...)
CD46C637-3247-4724-B5D2-344B3D2EFAF2.jpeg

I didn’t center it at all, and that arch piece you see isn’t very sturdy.
 
Live rock has definitely perked up!!
D8C97E57-A19F-4A87-B683-BD0F42320073.jpeg
28A01E6C-E79D-419A-B981-D0B08895847B.jpeg
DB56F296-6D1B-47B9-99A4-BBC9D92837F5.jpeg

I was afraid it had died because of how long I kept it out of water, but it’s showing promise! (It better be for the money I spent on those 3 pieces. )

I’m especially happy about that one off to the right, because I was sure it was dead.
4E74132C-ADFC-4E8B-B854-48F2F5AD255A.jpeg
 
Where is the LR from?
My LFS, a small place called “PETropilis Live”. It’s super cool. The owner is also super knowledgeable.

That is actually where I’m going to get all my fish!

—-

By the way, does $25 for one black clownfish sound fair? Or is that overcharge?

Usually they do good on their pricing, but I just want to make sure.

——

More color!!
9F72CB3B-97AB-417C-BD10-9DF0572F0F35.jpeg

My tank is sooo close to being cycled, I can’t wait!
 
That's fair. Clowns vary in price depending on their coloration. For example I just paid $60 for a frostbite clownfish. Buying livestock is the best way you can support a lfs.
 
That's fair. Clowns vary in price depending on their coloration. For example I just paid $60 for a frostbite clownfish. Buying livestock is the best way you can support a lfs.
Wow! I would love to get some Black Storms, but those are $80 each or $140 for a pair. :(
 
I will be getting my Watchman Goby soon!!! (Probably sometime next week, but it depends on how quickly the order from the LFS gets here)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new